Preseason Excitement Poll - 2016 Edition

2016 Show Anticipation Poll  

163 members have voted

1. 1. What shows are you highly anticipating in the 2016 Drum Corps season?

• The Academy - The Drum Corpse Bride
    • Blue Devils - As Dreams are Made On
    • Blue Knights - The Great Event
    • Blue Stars - La Reve
    • Bluecoats - ?
    • Boston Crusaders - Quixotic
    • The Cadets - Awakening
    • Carolina Crown - Relentless
    • The Cavaliers - Propaganda
    • Colts - Nachtmusik
    • Crossmen - Continuum
    • Jersey Surf - Ebb and Flow
    • Madison Scouts - Judas
    • Mandarins - Forbidden Forrest
    • Oregon Crusaders - Hunted
    • Pacific Crest - The Union
    • Phantom Regiment - Voice of Promise
    • Pioneer - St. Joan of Arc
    • Santa Clara Vanguard - Force of Nature
    • Spirit of Atlanta - Georgia
    • Seattle Cascades - O
    • Troopers - hero.
    • Other

BK - I haven't posted much lately, but pretty much all of it has been related to my excitement for the 2016 Blue Knights. This is going to be soooooo good.

Bluecoats - Went to their public performance at Denison Univ. last Tuesday, heard all but one movement of the show. It's gonna be interesting to see what they do with the music they've chosen. Side note: seeing the drumline play Vortex was in-freaking-credible.

Crown - They're gonna work some magic this year, I can tell. The show theme is a perfect blend of odd and wonderful, and you know that brass staff is going to bring every ounce of talent out of that line.

Cadets - Holy. Balls. This. Is. Going. To. Be. Good.

Actually my thing about BK was based on all the hype in the BK thread specifically talking about their show theme. Notice no one in the Crown thread is having any meaningful discussions on their theme, they're just talking about how amazing the hornline is. People dont even know Bluecoats' theme for god sakes and they're raving about them. Put all the words in my mouth that you wish, "bruh," but I have more reasoning to my statements than "Cappy knows all." I'll leave it at that so DrumMan doesn't feel like I'm intruding on his post

At the risk of appearing to pile on Cappy (not my intent), I would like to note that the poll question mentions nothing about themes. It is a simple question of who you are highly anticipating this season. Which corps, based on whatever reason, are you going to make sure you get to the show early enough to see, or make sure you are appropriately fed and bathroomed before they go on, or do your daily youtube searches to hopefully get a glimpse at what they are going to be putting onto the field? Yes, fans of (and those with offspring in) certain corps are going to vote for those corps regardless. What is more interesting, to me, is the amount of votes for corps that don't usually have extremely active show threads on DCP (like Academy and Oregon Crusaders).

Personally, I voted (for various reasons) for Academy, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Madison, PR, Spirit of Atlanta, and Troopers.

• Like 2

I agree with you. ( on Mandarins, Oregon Crusaders) The fact that Corps that place in this placement range are generating such fan interest ( here on DCP, anyway ) is very encouraging, imo. I've enjoyed both these Corps shows the last couple of years as much as many fans on here seem to as well.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

At the risk of appearing to pile on Cappy (not my intent), I would like to note that the poll question mentions nothing about themes. It is a simple question of who you are highly anticipating this season. Which corps, based on whatever reason, are you going to make sure you get to the show early enough to see, or make sure you are appropriately fed and bathroomed before they go on, or do your daily youtube searches to hopefully get a glimpse at what they are going to be putting onto the field? Yes, fans of (and those with offspring in) certain corps are going to vote for those corps regardless. What is more interesting, to me, is the amount of votes for corps that don't usually have extremely active show threads on DCP (like Academy and Oregon Crusaders).

Personally, I voted (for various reasons) for Academy, Bluecoats, Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Madison, PR, Spirit of Atlanta, and Troopers.

Amen. Preach it.

current totals

---------------

75 Carolina Crown - Relentless (75 votes [11 .08 %] - View)

66 Bluecoats - ? (66 votes [9.75 %] - View)

56 Blue Knights - The Great Event (56 votes [8.27 %] - View)

52 Blue Devils - As Dreams are Made On (52 votes [7.68 %] - View)

50 The Cadets - Awakening (50 votes [7.39 %] - View)

45 Madison Scouts - Judas (45 votes [6.65 %] - View)

44 Santa Clara Vanguard - Force of Nature (44 votes [6.50 %] - View)

41 The Cavaliers - Propaganda (41 votes [6.06 %] - View)

33 The Academy - The Drum Corpse Bride (33 votes [4.87 %] - View)

31 Boston Crusaders - Quixotic (31 votes [4.58 %] - View)

28 Troopers - hero. (28 votes [4.14 %] - View)

27 Blue Stars - La Reve (27 votes [3.99 %] - View)

26 Phantom Regiment - Voice of Promise (26 votes [3.84 %] - View)

22 Oregon Crusaders - Hunted (22 votes [3.25 %] - View)

19 Spirit of Atlanta - Georgia (19 votes [2.81 %] - View)

13 Mandarins - Forbidden Forrest (13 votes [1.92 %] - View)

13 Crossmen - Continuum (13 votes [1.92 %] - View)

11 Colts - Nachtmusik (11 votes [1.62 %] - View)

8 Pacific Crest - The Union (8 votes [1.18 %] - View)

6 Seattle Cascades - O (6 votes [0.89 %] - View)

4 Pioneer - St. Joan of Arc (4 votes [0.59 %] - View)

4 Other (4 votes [0.59 %] - View)

3 Jersey Surf - Ebb and Flow (3 votes [0.44 %] - View)

That's a completely fair point, themes weren't mentioned.

• Like 1

Think it's worth noting for me at least, Madison's one that's been pretty quiet overall, but the more I hear the higher it's climbing up my list. After their huge turnaround last year (which was also their highest finish since 2005), I'm pretty excited to see what they do with what seems like a darker take on JCSS. Recent Vic Firth drum videos are great.

Think it's worth noting for me at least, Madison's one that's been pretty quiet overall, but the more I hear the higher it's climbing up my list. After their huge turnaround last year (which was also their highest finish since 2005), I'm pretty excited to see what they do with what seems like a darker take on JCSS. Recent Vic Firth drum videos are great.

JCSS is actually pretty dark if you think about. Madison's last version -- while amazing -- was a more light-hearted. I can remember hearing the Scouts play the show in the park and it was really, really exciting and powerful. If you turn that power to dark side, well... we all know it will forever dominate your destiny.

• Like 1

JCSS is actually pretty dark if you think about. Madison's last version -- while amazing -- was a more light-hearted. I can remember hearing the Scouts play the show in the park and it was really, really exciting and powerful. If you turn that power to dark side, well... we all know it will forever dominate your destiny.

It's definitely some of the source music I'm least familiar with this year, have been meaning to check it out for awhile.