Will Wildwood Be An Exhibition Only?

while I agree those folk are a PITA, I was referring to staff critters; who rush up to sit/stand on the cement steps top-center. while your PITA is there for the whole show, it seems each corps has their own cheering crew, so it's kinda a wash there <sigh>

Sometimes that's the only place for staff to go. But yea, I hate it when staff cheers, no matter where they are...it's always driven me nuts (though let's be honest, it tends to be color guard and younger vis staffers).

• Like 1

those sound like the same folk who hoot and holler every 15 seconds during a show from the top center aisle steps. GRRrrrr sorry, off-topic.

Ugh. One of my favorite band shows at OMEA finals last year was partly ruined by a director who did that five feet in front of me.

(though let's be honest, it tends to be color guard and younger vis staffers).

One DCA Open Class corps' guard staff was like that at last year's Finals. The impression one gets from guard staff who cheer for ... every ... single ... catch ...

is that the guard must usually drop.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 3

Sometimes that's the only place for staff to go. But yea, I hate it when staff cheers, no matter where they are...it's always driven me nuts (though let's be honest, it tends to be color guard and younger vis staffers).

I don't mind staff cheering. I do mind when they are compensating for a lack of the crowd's response though.

• Like 1

I don't mind staff cheering. I do mind when they are compensating for a lack of the crowd's response though.

My *personal* opinion is that if you're on staff, you're there to do a job. Be professional. You don't have to become part of the show, as you should be reviewing the performance with an instructor or designer's eye and ear. You should be as unobtrusive as possible, given the restraints of the venue.

If you want to yell, "Get it, Sally!" while the corps is setting up, buy a #### ticket.

• Like 1