DCI Live! Broadcast - Monday June 20th Headliners Cadets & Cav

i thought it was a brilliant idea by the crown staff

the meta for spaghetti westerns is so absurd, it opens a lot of great creative options for them

i hope they're not afraid to take ideas too far. pushing the limits is the only way to go with this, imo

I don't know. Based on one viewing on youtube I don't really get Crown's concept yet. If you want to do a Samuel Barber show, do a Samuel Barber show. If you want to do a Western show, do a Western show. Go all in. It feels like they are trying to force together ideas that don't naturally fit together. Ecstasy of Gold is a classic, but it made up maybe 30 seconds of their show, and they based their entire visual package on it. I understand your point of a spaghetti western being a mix-up of styles, but that doesn't mean cramming together any 3 disparate things is a good idea.

Edited by Super Don-O

Well, as concerns cinematic adaptations, there's a saying that the better the source material, the worse it translates to a different medium: "If it can be done, it's not worth doing; if it's worth doing, it can't be done."

This may be true in general, though it's not the case specifically with Shakespeare and Frankenstein. I have seen a few well-done adaptions of the Bard's work on screen, so it can certainly be done.

How well some of these ideas translate to a football field remains to be seen. I'm sure we'll be entertained one way or another.

Any word on why the Cadets aren't using silver trombones? Especially now since they're marching them, you'd think they'd want them to blend in with the rest of the hornline.

My guess would be due to resale after the season.

Oh, before I depart for "Greener" pastures, it's so sad to see my all-time favorite historical Corps (Cavaliers) jumping on-board the "Artsy Fartsy" Train tooth and nail. Cavies, what the heck was that? The show I saw tonight will be hard pressed to even make the Top 10, maybe even T12. Didn't like the new Uni's either, but they do fit the current "Modus Operandi" of the organization.They're a rudderless ship that continue to veer farther and farther off course. (Like Spirit of Atlanta)..........

As someone with inside knowledge of the organizational structure of this corps, and a Former Marching Member, the "rudderless ship" comment could not be further from the truth. I believe this year is the most stable this organization has been in a long time from an Administrative stand point. Things are finally changing for the better in Rosemont.

• Like 2

It is so unfortunate when people say negative comments about any corps. Especially when the marching members can read these public feeds. Everybody has a right to their opinions and speech. But I believe that if you can't say something positive, especially on a public thread, well, enough said.

This is why I'm glad cell phones weren't allowed on tour when I marched.

I know I'm a dinosaur by aging out in the mid 80s. But, I love and respect all of these athletes.

• Like 1