Corps at the Crest Los Angeles

I'd like to take a moment to thank Stuart Pompel and the Pacific Crest Board of Directors for their courage in making the decision to move this show from nice (albeit small) college stadiums to the iconic Rose Bowl. It is a huge undertaking and certainly comes with risk .... but the upside is an incredible opportunity to perform and enjoy this activity we love in an amazing venue with a lot of room for growth. I know it was a team effort and there are a lot of people to thank for the great show last night. I look forward to seeing an increasing audience and continued success for Pacific Crest at what is becoming one of the great shows of the season.

Bravo!!

-john

Admins don't have Like buttons, but LIKE^^^

• Like 1

I just got back from the show in Pasadena and it was fun. I missed SCV not being there. I must point out that the mess of a show I saw BD have at their Family Day, has now become a wonderful work of art with so much more still to come i am sure. I had perfect seats at the 50 up 3/4 of the way from the luxury boxes and things are beginning to really come together. I did like Madison, need another view of their show. They are always entertaining, but I did miss a bit of that Madison excitement that I almost always feel. JCST has some recognizable music, but I did not notice much of it until they played the tune called JCST from the musical toward the end. Still a lot of room for them to grow. They were much appreciated by the crowd. I love Blue Knights, they are a trip, and weird, but entertaining and fun. I think they will be great once they get finished. They also have a ot of sparkles on their unis!

It was a perfect night for drum corps weather wise and I thought the crowd was gracious. Happy 4th tomorrow!

Edited by jmc5682

I just got back from the show in Pasadena and it was fun. [...]

I did like Madison, need another view of their show. They are always entertaining, but I did miss a bit of that Madison excitement that I almost always feel. JCST has some recognizable music, but I did not notice much of it until they played the tune called "JCST" from the musical toward the end. Still a lot of room for them to grow. They were much appreciated by the crowd.

Just as regards Madison's show, my sense is that at least one-third of the music this year was in their 1999 production.

This for instance:

And this:

Both of which I heard in the first half of Madison's show this year--and I don't know Jesus Christ Superstar well at all.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Just as regards Madison's show, my sense is that at least one-third of the music this year was in their 1999 production.

This for instance:

And this:

Both of which I heard in the first half of Madison's show this year--and I don't know Jesus Christ Superstar well at all.

I guess I am just not familiar enough with the music of this musical as much as some of the others written by ALW.. Then again, I have not taken the time to watch it either. It is not one of my favorite. Still, I liked what I saw. Just need to see it again.