Corps at the Crest Los Angeles

They're still not done?

Sorry, it's been long enough.

They were good ...but I thought it stopped rather abruptly.

The Blue Devils are simply phenomenal in all sections.. no weaknesses anywhere, imo.

This is my favorite BD show in years too.. I can see BD running the table this summer, especially once DCI adds the percussion judges later.

Mine too! There was so much going on, I didn't know where to look. Sounded amazing!

The Rose Bowl venue is FABULOUS and Pacific Crest's show team does an outstanding job hosting this show. Attendance was somewhere around 7,000 VERY appreciative fans who rewarded even the smallest of corps (Incognito) with rousing applause. This is our second year attending this show and I don't think I've ever found a better way to "do" drum corps. Of course, the loge and catered food and drink is nice, but the vista of the San Gabriel mountains in the background and the STUNNING weather make it superb for watching drum corps.

I actually enjoyed the lower-placing corps better than the big dogs (excepting BD). Academy's show is AMAZING! BK is going to be spectacular when it's full show is on the field, Mandarins played very tastefully, Madison is too-freaking-heavy on the amps, PC has a design - finally - that's understandable from the stands (a couple of guard holes prevents the tracks from being complete but will be fixed when those holes are filled again), and oh, did I mention that...

BD cannot be beat. Their level of performance tonight was factors-of better than any other I've seen so far, Cadets and 'Coats included (haven't seen Crown live yet).

This is the first year in a long time that I enjoyed the lower-placing corps so much that I'd rather watch them than the top-placers. Did I mention Academy? Fabulous show!

Edited by garfield
  • Like 5

Thanks for your "Fabulous" comments regarding THE ACADEMY's show. "Drum Corpse Bride" it certainly is entertaining and quickly becoming a fan favorite. That opener is loud enough to wake up the dead! lol And you may very well need a rain gauge on the field to truly measure the tear jerking response to the Corps closer of Unchained Melody. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Wow, those covered props really change the look of the field! So much less cluttered looking!

SCV and BD are gonna be fighting for my favorite shows this season, I can't wait to see the final products!

• Like 1

I'd like to take a moment to thank Stuart Pompel and the Pacific Crest Board of Directors for their courage in making the decision to move this show from nice (albeit small) college stadiums to the iconic Rose Bowl. It is a huge undertaking and certainly comes with risk .... but the upside is an incredible opportunity to perform and enjoy this activity we love in an amazing venue with a lot of room for growth. I know it was a team effort and there are a lot of people to thank for the great show last night. I look forward to seeing an increasing audience and continued success for Pacific Crest at what is becoming one of the great shows of the season.

Bravo!!

-john