Any lock for Top 3?

Actually Crown has a better score than the Bluecoats if we are comparing across shows..

Crown had a nice stretch last week of no shows to clean. They schedule well, every season they get about 3-4 days without shows early season to dig in, make changes and clean. Smart...
  • Like 1

I think the Bluecoats are definitely in the top 4. Their show, while it doesn't appeal to me, is very innovative. The ballad is my favorite part of the show, very nice brass section. Their drumline is one of the top drumlines in DCI, and their color guard looked really clean from the last show I watched...they are too good not to be in the top 4

BD/Crown for top spot.

Bloo/Cadets/SCV for bronze battle.

At the moment, I think BD has the best show, and I'm having difficulty conceiving of them not making the top three.

You may very well be right. But I actually think this is the best Bluecoats drill we have ever seen.

Interesting. Until the last couple minutes, there's very little of what I would think of as "drill" in the Bluecoats show.

• Like 2

Global warming & cooling has been occurring for millions of years. It occurred before humans walked the earth & will occur after humans walk the earth.

The key phrase in your post being "after humans walk the earth": the idea is to postpone that for as long as possible.

But you're right. In fact, according to the "Snowball Earth" theory that some geologists have proposed, about 650 millions years ago, the world was so cool that the oceans were either entirely frozen over, or were at least slush at the top. Good times.

Interesting. Until the last couple minutes, there's very little of what I would think of as "drill" in the Bluecoats show.

Agreed. It has a very casual feel to it to me. Not really loving Coats at this point but much time to add/change.
  • Like 1

Interesting. Until the last couple minutes, there's very little of what I would think of as "drill" in the Bluecoats show.[/quote

But judges like them so who the hell cares what I think.. Lol..

Edited by Tobias

Interesting. Until the last couple minutes, there's very little of what I would think of as "drill" in the Bluecoats show.[/quote

But judges like them so who the hell cares what I think.. Lol..

I bet their closer, after the rewind, is solid drill with that big a-ha capper.

It's not clear that drill is judged much anyway, either for technique demand/achievement or GE.

Marching Roundtable podcasts from about 486 to 491 went into a spasm of discussion and controversy about visual issues that touched on the lack of notes about drill on visual tapes. Presuming that this includes DCI, it leads me to wonder whether "visual" judges are drawn in fact from the color guard staffs of the activity and not from the visual staffs. Usually these are separate groups of staff but there is only one visual caption in the judging.

And while there is now a specific color guard judge, this creates the implication that the other judges come from the visual staff, but I wonder how many actually are.

This could also explain why there is so much body movement - that's what a color guard instructor would reward. They are basically dance instructors now. That's a good thing, but it should be more clear how many judges actually have a DCI visual (drill) staff background.

Crown had a nice stretch last week of no shows to clean. They schedule well, every season they get about 3-4 days without shows early season to dig in, make changes and clean. Smart...

Thank you MFA camp! I agree that that works well every season.