Any lock for Top 3?

4 into 3 won't go, no matter the New Math they use today.

According to Wikipedia, the New Math was actually largely abandoned after the 1960s.

• Like 1

Two things.

1. BD is an unknown part of the Bluecoats equation to this point... but that accounts for only one spot in a discussion about three spots.

2. Your points about the past (all correct) are not evidence of the present. The idea that corps can and do come from behind is certainly true... but it's way better to not have to, and corps have done so as much.

If the question is answered with evidence, then putting the Bluecoats down the field after the proof in the pudding over the past few weeks is nonsense.

That's my point. There is no reason or indication to believe that they are slipping or being caught right now. And if you are to take history into account, the Bluecoats organization tends to grow more than most in placement through the course of the season... if that's still true, what might that say about where they are now?

There is more evidence to chew on than the archives of placement here.

Just want to say that the Cadets are indeed catching up with the Bluecoats. I'd say it's more of a surge from the Cadets than any slipping from the Bluecoats though.

So yes, there is in fact evidence that corps are catching up

According to Wikipedia, the New Math was actually largely abandoned after the 1960s.

I sucked at any math. LOL

Just want to say that the Cadets are indeed catching up with the Bluecoats. I'd say it's more of a surge from the Cadets than any slipping from the Bluecoats though.

True...

3+ to just under 2 (growth shown without a 3rd party competitor present).

In 2016, 2 points is a chasm any way you look at it.

Yes, yes, I know the history... I'm just pointing out the relevant variables of cross-show comparison.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1

Geez. It's 3 to 1.5 in ten days. It is what it is, a trend. The trend could change but right now Cadets are catching up quickly. And 1.5 points can be made up during finals week. Could. Again, not much in the way of facts other than we probably have five or more medal quality corps this srason at this early July perspective

Geez. It's 3 to 1.5 in ten days. It is what it is, a trend. The trend could change but right now Cadets are catching up quickly. And 1.5 points can be made up during finals week. Could. Again, not much in the way of facts other than we probably have five or more medal quality corps this srason at this early July perspective

I know.

I get it. The Bluecoats have done exactly what you are talking about more than most in recent years.

But I'm curious to see if the addition of the third wheel in this east coast race plays a role in any sort of transformation of that 2 party spread.

We often think about cautiously comparing scores across separate shows, but there is the same dynamic to be found in comparing reduced competition to a wider field.

The first regional will confirm or destroy some of our suspicions.

But I'm sticking to my point that any projection of a top 3 (at this point) that doesn't include the Bluecoats (given both current scores and recent history) is mind boggling.

• Like 1

Technically, Cadets are catching up with the top of the field, not Bluecoats. Until this week, Cadets was probably performing no better than sixth, maybe even lower. We are just comparing Coats with Cadets because they have performed a disproportionate number of the shows together.

Right now, Cadets is no doubt worried about Cadets, not the other corps, and that is why they are improving. Did anyone really believe Cadets was going to finish three points behind any of the top six corps?

As the scores rise, the margins between the top corps are going to decrease. It's simple math.

INT is a lock for sure because they always have been.

Nah... they are ALWAYS in the middle of the lineup...

Okay... sometimes they are 2/3s up the lineup.