Drum Corps shows that could have won

The first half of a podcast I did with Drum Corps World publisher Steve Vickers is now up on http://www.marchingroundtable.com, and also on iTunes (search for "Marching Roundtable"). The topic was "DCI Shows that could have won." The second half will be released next Monday.

• Like 1

Cavaliers - Samurai 2008, Carolina Crown - Inferno 2015, Bluecoats - Tilt 2014, Blue Devils - Rite of Spring 2013, I know technically The Cadets and Cavies tied in 2000 but I would've placed Cadets slightly a head of Cavies that year, Cavaliers - Mad World 2010. Also I know Bluecoats weren't close to beating BD by any stretch of the imagination but Tilt would've been a winning show in another year, BD was just on fire that season. I will definitely check out the podcast in a little bit!

Carolina Crown 2012, Blue Devils 2013, and I think maybe Phantom 2006 could've won another year.

The top shows are so good each year, it's hard to say if they would have won some other year.

• Like 2

SCV 1988, Bluecoats 2015, BD 2008 (it deserved the win over Phantom that year), PR 2006

• Like 1

BD 2000. Give that show a smoking drum line and who knows. 6th place finish for the battery that year.

BD 2008. Out performed PR on finals night.

• Like 2

2008 was a really good top 3. Probably one of the best ever, at least show wise for me.

2007 Cadets was an editors pen away from winning. Trim down the nauseating talking to the bare min and it would have won easily imo

• Like 4

27th Lancers, 2nd place by under 4ths, to the Blue Devils in 1980.

So close.... so damm close.

27th Lancers ( from Massachusetts ) on Finals Nite was 1st in ALL the GE captions.... also 1st in Percussion... 1st in MM..... 1st in Visual ( helped on by a top notch Guard that was legendary ).... but 4th in brass. Just needed 4 more tenths. But BD was phenomenal that year in Brass, solid in the other captions, and in those years, a superior Brass line could take you a long way towards a DCI Title.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 6