Drum Corps shows that could have won

Only one show appeared on the lists of all three contributors to the podcast (M. Boo, T. Hinton, S. Vickers).

Which show?

Ah . . . I deliberately didn't say, so as to tease people's interest into listening to the podcast. It's the very first show they discuss.

I will say this: it placed second, the margin to first was close, and nobody has mentioned it yet in this thread.

• Like 1

I have never checked out their podcasts. Omg. Some of the topics and the people they have talking about them, could listen to them for DAYS.

Some of the hosts wear me down. But the guests are fantastic. Doug Thrower, in particular - hilarious!

Ah . . . I deliberately didn't say, so as to tease people's interest into listening to the podcast. It's the very first show they discuss.

I will say this: it placed second, the margin to first was close, and nobody has mentioned it yet in this thread.

No spoilers.

:)

27th Lancers, 2nd place by under 4ths, to the Blue Devils in 1980.

So close.... so damm close.

27th Lancers ( from Massachusetts ) on Finals Nite was 1st in ALL the GE captions.... also 1st in Percussion... 1st in MM..... 1st in Visual ( helped on by a top notch Guard that was legendary ).... but 4th in brass. Just needed 4 more tenths. But BD was phenomenal that year in Brass, solid in the other captions, and in those years, a superior Brass line could take you a long way towards a DCI Title.

This was the first corps that leapt into my mind as well, because, of course!

• Like 2

27th Lancers, 2nd place by under 4ths, to the Blue Devils in 1980.

So close.... so damm close.

27th Lancers ( from Massachusetts ) on Finals Nite was 1st in ALL the GE captions.... also 1st in Percussion... 1st in MM..... 1st in Visual ( helped on by a top notch Guard that was legendary ).... but 4th in brass. Just needed 4 more tenths. But BD was phenomenal that year in Brass, solid in the other captions, and in those years, a superior Brass line could take you a long way towards a DCI Title.

I was JUST about to mention 1980 27th Lancers!! Good one!

• Like 3

Since I wasn't a fan then, what a shame I can't go find that 27th Lancers show on Fan Network...

Oh yeah there is always Youtube :smile:

Edited by luv4corps

27th Lancers: 2nd place by under four-tenths, to the Blue Devils in 1980.

So close.... so da^% close.

27th Lancers (from Massachusetts) on Finals night was 1st in ALL the GE captions . . . also 1st in Percussion . . . 1st in MM . . . 1st in Visual (helped on by a top notch Guard that was legendary) . . . . . . but 4th in Brass. Just needed four more tenths. But BD was phenomenal that year in Brass, solid in the other captions, and in those years, a superior Brass line could take you a long way towards a DCI title.

Heck, three corps that year were all within one point of first place:

1. 90.60 Blue Devils

2. 90.25 27th Lancers

3. 90.05 Bridgemen

4. 89.80 Spirit of Atlanta

Michael Boo, asked to describe his role in the world of drum corps: "Well, icon works for me."

(I don't get the "antichrist" joke.)

I haven't listened to the podcast yet. Did I actually say, "Well, icon works for me"? If so...YIKES...and I'm sorry, even as a joke.

1989 Regiment...I always wondered if the "Neil Hefti" drum part in the Largo cost them the few tenths that put them below SCV.

I don't think it hurt. I talked with Marty Hurley about that during the season, and he said that the judges, though questioning of it earlier, had admitted to getting into it as the season progresses.