CrownBeat [July 8 2016]

Well, Bluecoats, I guess that was a good run, people seemed to like it. I have some complaints. Too much of the same thing musically. Okay, we get it, you have trumpet solos. Play something else! I fail to understand what's Down-Side Up about this as well.

That said, they did the show really well.

...And that, IMO, is why I have the show slipping to 4th. Too much repetition and not enough true meat in the show. I loved it early on, but now I'm getting a Cadets 2015 vibe from it.
  • Like 2

So you'd have Cadets over Bluecoats tonight?

No, but I think in a few weeks it could even out.

I just think the Bluecoats' show is very shallow and doesn't do a very good job of conveying the concept.

• Like 2

No, but I think in a few weeks it could even out.

I just think the Bluecoats' show is very shallow and doesn't do a very good job of conveying the concept.

What concept are you looking for them to convey?

The exact same criticisms were levied against their last two shows. This show, to me, is significantly better and certainly more challenging musically than either of the last two. And in any other seasons, both would have likely won the gold.

• Like 2

What do you mean? In a good way or a bad way... I do agree with you have the Pops brass right there. How were the corps in comparison?

In a good way. I was amazed with the talent of these kids (250+ est) up on stage. Have to all so give a shout-out to BAC drum line they did a great job with 1812.

• Like 1

Legends - 53.30

Jersey Surf - 59.25

Spirit of Atlanta - 62.40

Boston Crusaders - 67.80

Crossmen - 69.15

Cadets - 74.20

Bluecoats - 77.60