CrownBeat [July 8 2016]

Why WAS Cadets 2006 so bad? This is off-topic but I want to hear from someone around then

The Cadets' Lord of the Rings show was bad by Cadets' standards, but nonetheless at a level that seven other Finalist corps that year would have liked to reach. In one or two small ways (but by no means as a whole), it improved on their 2005 show.

Legends: Enjoyed the music, but the synth sounds were super cheesy and their speakers weren't up to the task. Rest of the front ensemble was solid. I didn't get the visual significance of the rubber band squares they made and unmade, but I watched several people struggle with picking them up to move them. Speaking of struggling, I hope everyone is ok after the many collisions I saw.

I don't remember rubber bands in their previous performances--a new addition, perhaps.

I guess no Supreme Court cases from the Cadets anytime soon...

See, it is "Statutes Awakening"!

• Like 1

@CorpsScores: Lexington SC

World:

Bluecoats-78.0

Cadets-76.0

Crossmen-69.15

Boston-67.1

Spirit-62.4

Jersey Surf-55.45

Open:

Legends-53.3

Legends' scores so far this year:

6/28 -- 54.70

6/29 -- 53.60

7/1 -- 55.30

7/2 -- 49.80

7/8 -- 53.30

Ten days and no progress whatsoever.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

6/28 -- 54.70

6/29 -- 53.60

7/1 -- 55.30

7/2 -- 49.80

7/8 -- 53.30

I don't think scores often tell the whole story at this level...when you are in box 3 and only achieving things "sometimes" I think that the performance level can cause scores to be skewed a bit...

Awesome evening in Lexington, SC. I loved the Cadets show. Lots of movement and their sound was loud and awesome. Something in the middle (marching-wise) doesn't look right- kinda messy and all over the place. I didn't see a 2 pt difference between them and the Bluecoats.

Fwiw- I thoroughly enjoyed Legends' show and Crossmen's guard looked great. Oh, and I couldn't stop watching the keyboard girl from BAC. Lol

Awesome evening in Lexington, SC. I loved the Cadets show. Lots of movement and their sound was loud and awesome. Something in the middle (marching-wise) doesn't look right- kinda messy and all over the place. I didn't see a 2 pt difference between them and the Bluecoats.

Fwiw- I thoroughly enjoyed Legends' show and Crossmen's guard looked great. Oh, and I couldn't stop watching the keyboard girl from BAC. Lol

Thanks for posting your thoughts from the show. Glad to hear Legend's show was good - look forward to seeing it later this summer!

See, it is "Statutes Awakening"!

I believe the first time the title became "Statues Awakening" was at the Michigan City show.

The Cadets' Lord of the Rings show was bad by Cadets' standards, but nonetheless at a level that seven other Finalist corps that year would have liked to reach. In one or two small ways (but by no means as a whole), it improved on their 2005 show.

I always thought of it as Alice in Wonderland show... it certainly had some great moments. The Ballad in particular with the guard doing the work across the benches behind the corps = wow!

• Like 1

6/28 -- 54.70

6/29 -- 53.60

7/1 -- 55.30

7/2 -- 49.80

7/8 -- 53.30

It seems to have been a bit of a rough week for most of Open Class corps score wise. So may be more indicative of the current state of things in OC rather than anything on Legends part. Also, they may be implementing changes based on judges comments from the first few shows that will help them in the long run, but may be affecting performance scores in the short term.