Where is DCI?

If it's a sound or effect that can't be made on an instrument then I'm okay with that. But when you have 2 synth players, one using an electric bass patch for amplifying the Contra part, and the other amplifying the entire ensemble using a synth brass patch, I have a problem.

I'm not against using electronics. Kind of makes it more fun with all the different effects that are thrown into today's story and concept designs. Just don't amplify the entire ensemble. If I were in a corps or marching band that did that, I'd feel less than adequate due to the fact that clearly I wasn't doing my job right.

Just for clarification purposes, I'm not accusing the Bluecoats of doing this. I'm just saying I'm pretty sure I've heard ensemble chords and hits come from the speakers as well as the players.

agreed.

It is just plain good old fashioned Audio Doping.

You can say DCI has a handle on it. But really? You got folks with different equipment for electronics. You can hide anything you want within the confines or infrastructure the way it is set up now.

Sounds great so I guess all is good. Hell - why not pre-record the show in a studio? ooops did not mean to give away what is probably already happening.

I agree about the trombones...no one cares you are playing a trombone. It's not any more impressive.

And the singing is boring.

And the talking during shows is so vague and esoteric...it's so lame...the only good talking I saw was when the Blue Knights? did a "Drum Corps murder" or Drum Corps homicide...Can't remember the name...in 2015...with old school radio DJ's.

I do like the electronics that Blue Coats have added though.

I agree about the trombones...no one cares you are playing a trombone. It's not any more impressive.

And the singing is boring.

And the talking during shows is so vague and esoteric...it's so lame...the only good talking I saw was when the Blue Knights? did a "Drum Corps murder" or Drum Corps homicide...Can't remember the name...in 2015...with old school radio DJ's.

I do like the electronics that Blue Coats have added though.

Colts

You're right, it doesn't, but Brasso already has correctly pointed out that your own proposed figure of 5,000 seats per show doesn't seem to have much backing it up, either, and he pointed to a specific show last week that had only about 500 attending.

Someone with more time on their hands could help this conversation by telling us the home side capacity of every venue on the DCI tour this year. Then we could at least know what's possible.

i took the average from the numbers DCI released last fall