San Antonio Showdown

I don't follow it...Is it a failed or successful program?

I guess I might as well ask the same question for Soundsport...

Another topic since I have nothing better to do right now than ask questions during INT...lol....so do we really need two divisions these days? I think open and world class should just merge into one division...After all aren't open-class corps scored on the same sheets these days anyway?

• Like 1

Soundsport is a great idea in retrospect. DLB isn't, but I can't figure out why. I just assumed scholastic and WGI A types would jump at the extra exposure. And the DCI corps to participate are just plain boring - nobody's really doing it as intended.

Mike

Another topic since I have nothing better to do right now than ask questions during INT...lol....so do we really need two divisions these days? I think open and world class should just merge into one division...After all aren't open-class corps scored on the same sheets these days anyway?

It'd require DCI to revamp their fee and pay structure, for one.

Mike

Louisiana stars really took a step back in the show design department this year.

Not sure what show you watched. This is by far the best concept and design, top to bottom, this corps has put on the field. Like, not even the same zip code. Had some type of electronics glitch that prevented all the voice overs and sound effects. But still a wonderfully flowing package.

• Like 2

A butt load of the new OC corps got their start in Soundsport, so I'd say it has been VERY successful.

Thanks for the info on that...that's great to hear...

So far, I liked Horizon a lot - smart design. Liked Cascades - also doing a good job of programming for what you have. Pac Crest has some brass intonation issues but I dug their show, and Surf was ok, though I like their more counter-culture programs more. Also, I've heard Genesis's program for 8 months now, but this was the first time I'd seen the whole package. I like!

Mike

Southend's path back is using Soundsport as well, so thumbs up.

• Like 1