San Antonio Showdown

Soundsport is a great idea in retrospect. DLB isn't, but I can't figure out why. I just assumed scholastic and WGI A types would jump at the extra exposure. And the DCI corps to participate are just plain boring - nobody's really doing it as intended.

Mike

Perhaps DLB is just not taken serious....I haven't really seen too much entertainment the "little exposure" I've had of it...A moving cymbal line could help a little perhaps...always love watching SCV line in their show for example...

Edited by Liahona

Oh yeah, loved Louisiana Stars' uniforms, but the show had a lot of pacing design that was deliberately backwards, especially in the first half of the show, that threw me for a loop. Kind of like Blue Knights last year.

Mike

Your mileage may vary, but the few years it's been going on at the SA show its pretty much met with indifference by the crowd.

Putting it on during a 55 minute break doesn't help

Southend's path back is using Soundsport as well, so thumbs up.

SouthWIND. I hate phone posting.

Perhaps DLB is just not taken serious....I haven't really seen too much entertainment the "little exposure" I've had of it...A moving cymbal line could help a little perhaps...always love watching SCV line in their show for example...

also...I do understand it is a battle....but seems like the performers are not playing to the crowd...could be a simple fix as instead of playing side to side play forward toward crowd with the listening line down on knee in front or some other variation...

Oh yeah, loved Louisiana Stars' uniforms, but the show had a lot of pacing design that was deliberately backwards, especially in the first half of the show, that threw me for a loop. Kind of like Blue Knights last year.

Mike

I hate to admit it but I was expecting more from Louisiana Stars after being so impressed with them last year.

SouthWIND. I hate phone posting.

It's funny I read southwind on the other posting in my mind....haha

Another topic since I have nothing better to do right now than ask questions during INT...lol....so do we really need two divisions these days? I think open and world class should just merge into one division...After all aren't open-class corps scored on the same sheets these days anyway?

I think many of the OC corps don't want to or can't commit to the full WC touring model.

I think many of the OC corps don't want to or can't commit to the full WC touring model.

So basically you are saying regional/local versus national class...but why should the actual touring make a difference?...I seem to recall a few WC corps not completely following the world-class 'touring' model and remained regional not too long ago...