Music City Masterpiece - Nashville Show Thread

Wow. I am surprised how close Madison was to Phantom. SCV seems to be pulling closer to the top 3.

I'm surprised Scouts didn't finish ahead of Phantom tonight. Way way better show. Crowd loved it, and they went on last.

SCV within striking distance of Crown in Visual and Music, just need that tree to do something and their GE score will come pretty darn close too.

SCV's ending was awesome, the crowd gasped and giggled. Elegant and flawless.

Vanguard also got the bizarr benefit of Mother Nature for their Force of Nature show, as lightening filled the sky behind them as they performed.

Vanguard will finish no lower than fourth this year. A delightful show to watch. They got several ovations during their show. Classic drum corps, and a big, full brass sound. And their snares can really really play.

• Like 3

I'm surprised Scouts didn't finish ahead of Phantom tonight. Way way better show. Crowd loved it, and they went on last.

Both shows have issues with flow. Madison's show is a lot more on-the-nose and I think has a better overall visual design, but the judges seem to consistently agree that Phantom has the better show. Have the Scouts even gotten close to Phantom in GE this season? I think the bigger surprise is that the Scouts were that close in GE judging by previous results this season

On the DM intros during retreat, Cadets got golf claps. Both BD and Bluecoats got the loudest cheering, I didn't hear Crown so no comment. Vanguard was medium clapping.

Crowd favorite was clearly Bluecoats. Never seen a crowd that electric for a drum corps show before. Flat out cheered at several places in the show, and got a full house standing ovation at the end. And I mean screaming cheer standing ovation.

Bluecoats had the crowd in the palm of their hand from the moment they started rolling those ramps out onto the field. They just flat out blew the place out tonight.

• Like 2

I'll leave this here....

13680601_1022180811236607_63823330208692

• Like 1

Both shows have issues with flow. Madison's show is a lot more on-the-nose and I think has a better overall visual design, but the judges seem to consistently agree that Phantom has the better show. Have the Scouts even gotten close to Phantom in GE this season? I think the bigger surprise is that the Scouts were that close in GE judging by previous results this season

My expectation as zilch for Scouts. The guy sitting next to me said he thought they won the entire night. I obviously didn't agree but that show is far more creative than I had ever thought. And they had the brashest, most confident sound of the night short of coats.

I'll leave this here....

13680601_1022180811236607_63823330208692

Looks like Cavies used that money from selling ad space to buy Canton

• Like 4

Looks like Cavies used that money from selling ad space to buy Canton

They're spreading... Oh god, they were right all along!

Propaganda has allowed the Illuminati to start shifting things around!

• Like 2

Very true. Been to Murfreeboro a few times, but Vandy is a great stadium for a large drum corps crowd. The year they had to move it to Vandy due to stadium issues with Murfreeboro, they had 11,000 in attendance. And that was AFTER the ticket sales for Murfreeboro had to be refunded and having to resell tickets for Vandy.

I hope they bust it at the seams for this one. While you're there, cheer loudly for Music City. My family has a special place in our heart for that drum corps!

I would have to guess that this was the biggest Nashville attendance in DCI history tonight. The entire west side of the stadium was sold out, and I mean from the first to the very last row. We were guessing well over 15,000, maybe 20,000.

Bluecoats had the crowd in the palm of their hand from the moment they started rolling those ramps out onto the field. They just flat out blew the place out tonight.

Winning!

• Like 1