DCI Eastern Classic - Friday Aug 5 2016

Perhaps it's the camera or the daylight time, but I'm just not seeing the light box props adding much to the show. On close ups there's a few colored lights flashing from time to time in them, but the effect is underwhelming. Do they look better live?

This said, I really do like the music oriented show from them this year, it may not be scoring as high as their narration shows but it showcases a lovely horn line.

Edited by KVG_DC

Perhaps it's the camera or the daylight time, but I'm just not seeing the light box props adding much to the show. On close ups there's a few colored lights flashing from time to time in them, but the effect is underwhelming. Do they look better live?

I don't think they were effective in ATL -- too bright even indoors (I was there). I think there was an outdoor show where they had a later spot or it was darker that someone said they looked nice.

I'm worried about the light levels in LOS.

Edited by CrownBariDad

I don't think they were effective in ATL -- too bright even indoors (I was there). I think there was an outdoor show where they had a later spot or it was darker that someone said they looked nice.

They performed right after sunset in Broken Arrow and looked very nice. Was way darker than it'll be in a dome though.

• Like 1

Colts are definitely underrated this year. I don't think they have much of a shot at finals, but this is still an incredibly well-rounded show.

Agreed!! Throughly enjoyed the Colts!! Maybe my favorite of the night so far.

This said, I really do like the music oriented show from them this year, it may not be scoring as high as their narration shows but it showcases a lovely horn line.

For the record, I have not seen them live.

Unfortunately, I think the only time these props will work is outside at night(which seems appropriate). On high-cam, I can barely see the lights in the props and I don't think they'll be too effective in any stadium.

P.S. I also enjoy this show a lot compared to the past two Colts shows.

In Opelika Alabama it was well into night when they performed and they were a lot more effective.

• Like 1

In Opelika Alabama it was well into night when they performed and they were a lot more effective.

That's good to know. I think that's cool considering their theme, but ultimately I think it's a bad choice since most of their performances will either be before dark or inside a stadium.

A lot of synth goo on the live feed tonight, particularly Cascades and Colts. Spoilt the balance.