Historic Possibilities

BD victory Saturday night would give them 7 titles in 10 years. Complete domination. May never see another 10 year run like this again.

Has anyone ever won all the regionals and not took first at finals?

In 1988 Blue Devils won every show they were in during the season up until Semi-Finals where they lost to Madison and then Finals where they lost to Madison and Vanguard.

• Like 2

Has anyone ever won all the regionals and not took first at finals?

SCV was only once defeated in 1987 and I think they won all regionals they were in, but took 2nd to Garfield at finals.

BD in 1988 was undefeated, then took 3rd at finals. Not sure if they won every regional because not every corps competed in every regional in those days. But they were undefeated.

BD didn't win any regionals last year and won the title.

Well, I sure hope Bluecoats can pull it off at Finals. It's my daughters age out year, 4th year with Bluecoats, (7 years total) It would be awesome to go out with a gold Medal!

Edited by BigD629
  • Like 7

As the 2016 season comes to a close there are multiple battles going on for top 12 placements. Depending on the outcome, there are several which may be historic in nature. These include:

- If Bluecoats win, it will be their 1st DCI championship. They will become DCI's 10th champion. They will join Madison as the only organizations to have placed in each slot of the top 12.

(...respectful snip!, just wanted to reference your post.)

Any other historic possibilities?

Wow, what a great drum corps historian you are! :worthy:

Nice job! :thumbup:

+++

The only thing I have that is even remotely close to your fabulous stats, is if Blucoats win, it will continue the trend of the winner having been no lower ranked than 3rd from the year before.

Edited by wvu80

Wow, what a great drum corps historian you are! :worthy:

Nice job! :thumbup:

+++

The only thing I have that is even remotely close to your fabulous stats, is if Blucoats win, it will continue the trend of the winner having been no lower ranked than 3rd from the year before.

The last time that this happened was 2011. Cadets were 5th in 2010 and won it all in 2011.

• Like 1

If Bluecoats win, first DCI championship for any corps from Ohio.

• Like 2