The Wink

I had a fantastic view of the flugel soloist, he flubbed and couldn't play. He blew out his lips and mimed playing. Really unfortunate, but tomorrow is when it counts.

No, it was a wireless mic issue for him.

Edited by rmurrey74

The B L & L crowd where I watched was a pretty savvy drum corps crowd. The whole theater erupted in laughter when the wink happened.

I was at a design staff meeting for a marching band last night. The meeting broke down for a solid 10 minutes as we recovered from watching the Lot Hype video.

Sadly, it needs to happen at Finals or it won't truly be immortalized.

There have been instances before when Tom Blair and company have spliced in audio or visual clips from semifinals performances into the finals tape so that the members can have the best possible memory of their show. Examples include later recordings of the infamous BD soprano solo "frack heard 'round the world" and the Carolina Crown leg injury of 2010.

While not an emergency situation like the ones mentioned, I fully believe this would be an appropriate use of editing powers...just sayin' :music:

• Like 1

There have been instances before when Tom Blair and company have spliced in audio or visual clips from semifinals performances into the finals tape so that the members can have the best possible memory of their show. Examples include later recordings of the infamous BD soprano solo "frack heard 'round the world" and the Carolina Crown leg injury of 2010.

While not an emergency situation like the ones mentioned, I fully believe this would be an appropriate use of editing powers...just sayin' :music:

I think Tom Blair will have a camera focused right on him tonight. He did last night too, but the soloist took too much time mugging for the camera before the camera cut away. What the camera missed was he gave an over the shoulder wink.

Trumpet Soloist from Boston did a wink after his solo too in both the Quarters, Semi's, Finals as well.

It was the year with social media talk of " The Wink ".... and of " Anna ", the keyboardist from BAC.