Madison Scouts 2017

Just saw the Mandarins, Academy, and Madison show in a 1 hour period on the same night...

If you're writing off Madison from Finals right now, YOU ARE ####### DELUSIONAL. That is a fantastic show, right up there with Mandarins (who have a stronger package than they usually do), and LEAGUES ahead of Academy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Just saw the Mandarins, Academy, and Madison show in a 1 hour period on the same night...

If you're writing off Madison from Finals right now, YOU ARE ####### DELUSIONAL. That is a fantastic show, right up there with Mandarins (who have a stronger package than they usually do), and LEAGUES ahead of Academy.

I just watched the same thing, and they are better than Academy who is better than Mandarins, IMO. There was a noticeable level of performance quality increase when Madison took the field (and now another one with Crossmen). We'll see if that plays into the judges numbers tonight. And that's the problem - it's not...so I wonder if my bias is the reason for my thoughts on them vs the other two.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I just watched the same thing, and they are better than Academy who is better than Mandarins, IMO. There was a noticeable level of performance quality increase when Madison took the field (and now another one with Crossmen). We'll see if that plays into the judges numbers tonight. And that's the problem - it's not...so I wonder if my bias is the reason for my thoughts on them vs the other two.

I'll put Mandarins above Academy. Academy can't sell their show because their designers are afraid to go full crazy with the concept. They will be limited unless that changes

3 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Blue Stars.  Yes!   You are are bringing this show along nicely. Well written and presented,

Yeah. Thanks for writing that in the Madison thread. Seems like your only intent was to rub it in that Blue Stars are better than Madison, which they are.

27 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I'll put Mandarins above Academy. Academy can't sell their show because their designers are afraid to go full crazy with the concept. They will be limited unless that changes

Mandarins show has hardly any depth, and they shouldn't be beating either IMO.

4 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Mandarins show has hardly any depth, and they shouldn't be beating either IMO.

I think the Mandarins sell it enough to make up for any lack of depth to the show. I certainly have them over Academy by a fair margin. And Madison with a slight edge over Mandarins. 

Just now, MotoSurfBass said:

I think the Mandarins sell it enough to make up for any lack of depth to the show. I certainly have them over Academy by a fair margin. And Madison with a slight edge over Mandarins. 

I'm not buying the hype on the Mandarins. They are, obviously, much better than they've ever been and with JW at the helm I only see them getting better and better. I just don't agree with them being over Madison or Academy.

Scouts were terrific tonight. They looked very sharp live and the audience bought into it. It's different. In the context of a long, big show all afternoon and evening, Madison stood out.

• Like 1