2017 PREDICTIONS!

I really did love Academy this year, but that's the thing "this year". They don't get to keep the score from this year, they will have to entertain me once more before I start putting them in my top 12 every year.

QFE.

Getting into Finals is one thing. Staying there is another. Just ask Troopers, Colts, Stars, Spirit, etc.

• Like 1

Here's my guess based on staff changes announced and staff changes not yet announced that I know of.

I'm sure I'll edit this once more pieces are finalized.

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Cavaliers

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Carolina Crown

7. Blue Knights

8. The Cadets

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars

11. The Academy

12. Crossmen

Edited by mj3004

Here's my guess based on staff changes announced and staff changes not yet announced that I know of.

I'm sure I'll edit this once more pieces are finalized.

1. Blue Devils

2. Bluecoats

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Cavaliers

5. Phantom Regiment

6. Carolina Crown

7. Blue Knights

8. The Cadets

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Stars

11. The Academy

12. Crossmen

Even with staff changes, don't look for Crown to fall to 6th. They haven't been that low since 2007. Phantom making a major jump? I don't know about all that...

Even with staff changes, don't look for Crown to fall to 6th. They haven't been that low since 2007. Phantom making a major jump? I don't know about all that...

Cadets haven't been 6th since 199............

I don't see Carolina Crown falling to 6th at all for the record, but trends end at some point.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Cadets haven't been 6th since 199............

I don't see Carolina Crown falling to 6th at all for the record, but trends end at some point.

It was a force of nature that knocked them down. An odd year. Bad design. I honestly think if they had just taken the music and done a Roman show, they would have placed 4th or higher. The design of the show just didn't come across very well.

To suggest that Crown will fall to 6th simply because they lost a few staff members though is about like saying Boston is going to win next year because they have an all-star staff. Neither of which are likely to happen.

Predictions, Not attacks, Just me thinking out loud.

1. Blue Devils - This Staff does not take kindly to losing and I'm sure are working to get back to the top.

2. Bluecoats - It is so so hard once you Win the First time to come back and re-invent yourself & Innovate again after winning your first. Ask Crown.

3. Cavaliers - This Team is doing great things and seem to have hit their stride this year. Upward Momentum.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard - This corps is on the cusp of medaling but the show design and lack of Innovation is keeping them steady outside of the medallion spots.

5. The Cadets - This is a perennial top 5 Corps, and despite the organizational issues they seem to have done enough in their staff re-structuring to "Bounce-back" though their Brass line will take a hit after losing Gino.

6. Boston Crusaders - Adding Gino and Colin were amazing moves for the weaknesses that Boston has always had, Music excellence and effect, but the addition of the Crown Show Design and Colorguard Team takes this Team to another level. Crown's success into the higher echelons in the activity has been rooted directly to the strength of the Guard and the Visual program. IT will take time for them to "find their voice" but once they do watch out.

7. Carolina Crown - Losing the majority of their staff hurts, Especially the designers, Without a solid back up plan the admins were blindsided. CROWN BRASS is great and all, but without World Class design behind your World Class Brassline, what are you? I'm sure this was part of the thinking of rumored animosity between the Brass staff and all others. They will find respectable suitors to fill the roles, but Top 5 design it will not be.

8. Blue Knights - They have found their Voice, and it is unique just not ground-breaking, Talent limited.

9. Blue Stars - Maintains levels found this year and Builds to retain talent.

10. Phantom Regiment - Downward trend for this corps, Unless they find a new Design and Visual Team this corps will suffer and look back at the late 2000's as the glory years.

11. Madison Scouts - Cant keep a good Corps down for long, Better show design sees them back in the big dance on Saturday.

12. Colts - Howard Weinstein. This man is relentless in his pursuit of greatness. He has rebuilt numerous Corps into Finalist and The Colts will be no exception.

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 2

12. Colts - Howard Weinstein. This man is relentless in his pursuit of greatness. He has rebuilt numerous Corps into Finalist and The Colts will be no exception.

I'd be happy to see Colts back in Finals... TOP 12. I also agree with you on HW here too.

• Like 1

But you didn't comment on his 6th place selection, Brasso?!?

.... nor on his 5th, 7th place prediction ( nor the other placements he is predicting here either ). I gave my top 3 placement predictions for 2017 on this thread. Incidentally, where are your placement predictions on here for any of these Corps, Eleran ? I was just wondering about your take as well.

Edited by BRASSO

.... nor on his 5th, 7th place prediction ( nor the other placements he is predicting here either ). I gave my top 3 placement predictions for 2017 on this thread. Incidentally, where are your placement predictions on here for any of these Corps, Eleran ? I was just wondering about your take as well.

I haven't posted predictions in any of the seasons I have been here on DCP, and I see no reason to begin now. I predict only one thing - that I will be entertained. And that's all I am looking for.

• Like 3