2017 PREDICTIONS!

Fwiw with a new staff everybody has to change approach in the corps. If the other corps retain caption head and bring back vets they start the season with step ahead. This is why I don't see Boston jumping a ton since (for now) the others are keeping caption heads. And yes I know it's gino but it won't be Cadet talent no matter what any person on here says.

• Like 1

@LabMaster

1. New staff doesn't necessarily mean drastic improvements. Who's to say that the changes in staff will be the right changes for the future of BAC? Chemistry takes time to build and many people are jumping the gun in assuming that new staff will correlate to a drastic improvement in placement. It is ultimately up to the kids to bring home the end result. Comparatively, 2016 was a more uncertain year than 2015 for BAC, with them being on the verge of not performing on Saturday night. This could cause a drop in member retention and certainly wont do anything drastic for recruitment purposes.

2. Academy is coming off of a stellar year with they first finals appearance in their history as a corps. Member retention will likely spike and I would expect recruitment to be at a peak for this corps. They had their first taste of what its like to perform on Saturday night and I doubt they are ready to give that up. They're going to come out swinging and show DCI that they belong in the top 12. With their phenomenal show design and staff, they certainly have the potential to be a top 5 contender within the next 5-10 years.

3. You would be crazy to assume that Madison hasn't learned from their mistakes after this season. They are historically phenomenal musicians and performers, and it would be outrageous to assume that they wont push back in to finals after last season. They certainly have some lost ground to make up, but there is no reason to believe that they wont get back in the game come 2017.

4. Troopers will remain more or less the same, hovering on the cusp of finals like for the last 5 years. There is no reason to expect anything different this year. And with the loss of Tim "The Rock" Snyder, who knows who will pick up the slack?

And my mistake, here is my revised order:

9. Stars

10. Acad

11. Madison

12. Crossmen

13. BAC

14. Troop

I completely disagree with you. Let's leave your post here and look back at it next year because you don't seem to know too much history with these particular staff members that have been added to BAC.

Gino was involved with a corps, The Magic, that came from inactive the previous year to finalist the next. BAC is starting out better than that. I could go on about the other staff too, but it's all good. This isn't anything like the Madison/Mason scenario, or the Trooper/DVD scenario at all. This is putting together several all-star staff with a corps that is financially and administration-wise very strong for a corps. The odds are very high that Boston improves on placement next year; they're certainly not going to do worse than this year, which was Boston's worst placement since 1998 (15th).

I'm certainly not a BAC honk, but no.....

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is expecting them to jump 5 places, but what were they supposed to do? Keep sliding? Not do anything? There is a chance the staff doesn't gel, always is, but I don't think Boston Crusaders are just replacing a caption or two to patch up some weak spots, it seems like they are starting with a blank slate with a long term plan and giving these new staff members the freedom to do what they want and be a part of the organization, not just the drum corps. Musically, Collin and Gino have worked together for awhile, and Ryan George knows what he is doing. Visually, again it's a team that has worked together. It's not this Frankenstein group where you have a brass head from one corps and a percussion head from another corps and another few staffers from other corps. Honestly it seems like a team that will blend together really well in terms of their styles and approaches. It seems like the people at the top want this to be a genesis of something new.

Not directed at anyone specifically, but the overall negative tone and passive aggressive antimosity at Boston Crusaders after these changes has been pretty funny to watch. I think we'd all want our favorites to have a chance to pull in the best, and would probably be pretty ecstatic about it if they did. But when they're taken/leave from someone we like it is suddenly annoying.

Feels like people are already rooting against them. I'm not gonna say I want them to beat other corps because of that, but I will not shed any tears if they do.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

Well we've seen trampolines, mirrors and ramps on the field. Someone will have to roll out a trapeze and/or human cannonball next season.

How about flooding the field and performing ala synchronized swimming? And it CAN'T get rained out!!!

@LabMaster

1. New staff doesn't necessarily mean drastic improvements. Who's to say that the changes in staff will be the right changes for the future of BAC? Chemistry takes time to build and many people are jumping the gun in assuming that new staff will correlate to a drastic improvement in placement. It is ultimately up to the kids to bring home the end result. Comparatively, 2016 was a more uncertain year than 2015 for BAC, with them being on the verge of not performing on Saturday night. This could cause a drop in member retention and certainly wont do anything drastic for recruitment purposes.

2. Academy is coming off of a stellar year with they first finals appearance in their history as a corps. Member retention will likely spike and I would expect recruitment to be at a peak for this corps. They had their first taste of what its like to perform on Saturday night and I doubt they are ready to give that up. They're going to come out swinging and show DCI that they belong in the top 12. With their phenomenal show design and staff, they certainly have the potential to be a top 5 contender within the next 5-10 years.

3. You would be crazy to assume that Madison hasn't learned from their mistakes after this season. They are historically phenomenal musicians and performers, and it would be outrageous to assume that they wont push back in to finals after last season. They certainly have some lost ground to make up, but there is no reason to believe that they wont get back in the game come 2017.

4. Troopers will remain more or less the same, hovering on the cusp of finals like for the last 5 years. There is no reason to expect anything different this year. And with the loss of Tim "The Rock" Snyder, who knows who will pick up the slack?

9. Stars

10. Acad

11. Madison

12. Crossmen

13. BAC

14. Troop

OK some good points. But here is where I disagree:

1. It's not just any staff adds. These are seasoned experienced proven instructors. That should make for an improved performance level.

2. The MM's at Boston are a bit more dedicated or committed than you may realize so the retention will pose no problem and as I said, they'll be more experienced and every bit as hungry as Academy MM's I'm sure.

3. I wish the best forcAcademy and the potential for movement up is unquestionably there. Their design and performance this year was a perfect blend for them. I hope they don't try to make a huge move design wise and overextend their capabilities. Their touring will change a bit. The expectations will be higher and their own ambitions could work against them by trying too hard. I say this as Ibthink back on Boston climbing to 5th needing only a little improvement the next year and falling short, resulting in a drop back. A cautionary tale if you will.

4. Madison is usually good at course correction. They've done it many times. But I think how you perceive them and others do too, as though each and every year they get the exact same MM's and attempt to give them the exact same type of show.

Overall it is very early to make any kind of prediction or guess.? There is so little to go on and so few corps staffing announcement to base any conclusions on. Any corps between 8 - 15 could have so many things occur this off season that they could all have the ability to shuffle the entire group. Good luck with your picks and we'll see how things shape up by the spring. You may be revising your list.

I don't think anyone is expecting them to jump 5 places, but what were they supposed to do? Keep sliding? Not do anything? There is a chance the staff doesn't gel, always is, but I don't think Boston Crusaders are just replacing a caption or two to patch up some weak spots, it seems like they are starting with a blank slate with a long term plan and giving these new staff members the freedom to do what they want and be a part of the organization, not just the drum corps. Musically, Collin and Gino have worked together for awhile, and Ryan George knows what he is doing. Visually, again it's a team that has worked together. It's not this Frankenstein group where you have a brass head from one corps and a percussion head from another corps and another few staffers from other corps. Honestly it seems like a team that will blend together really well in terms of their styles and approaches. It seems like the people at the top want this to be a genesis of something new.

Not directed at anyone specifically, but the overall negative tone and passive aggressive antimosity at Boston Crusaders after these changes has been pretty funny to watch. I think we'd all want our favorites to have a chance to pull in the best, and would probably be pretty ecstatic about it if they did. But when they're taken/leave from someone we like it is suddenly annoying.

Feels like people are already rooting against them. I'm not gonna say I want them to beat other corps because of that, but I will not shed any tears if they do.

man that is NOT a good example. you need to fast forward a little and see what happens in the next few days things don't go well for the genesis planet. it sort of self-destructs :-/

That was not the point...but obviously well played...time will indeed tell...

Edited by Liahona

, 2016 was a more uncertain year than 2015 for BAC, with them being on the verge of not performing on Saturday night. This could cause a drop in member retention and certainly wont do anything drastic for recruitment purposes.

13. BAC

Take your time on this... don't rush it like you did the 1st time which caused you to make a mistake.