2017 Boston Crusaders

45 minutes ago, auldschool said:

Predictions for the upcoming CrownBEAT show with BAC, Crown and The Cadets together. 

My prediction ?..., lots of Drum Corps fans ( Cadets/ Crown included ) to be on this Boston Crusaders thread.  Traffic on this thread is going thru the roof with interest across the board !... and will only pick up steam throughout the season and most definately now into the off season . Boston's placement movement compared to the last few seasons at this juncture is nothing short of spectacular.  The show is entertaining for most, with a clear and understandable theme for audiences. No guess work ! The new staff at Boston has done a remarkable job so far in the off season and now into early competition season, in both show design and marcher instruction .The Boston Crusaders marchers morale, attitude is superb with the show they have been given. And so far it shows in their early season competition scores and the positive audience receptions to their 2017 show throughout the midwest!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

My prediction ?..., lots of Drum Corps fans ( Cadets/ Crown included ) to be on this Boston Crusaders thread.  Traffic on this thread is going thru the roof with interest across the board !... and will only pick up steam throughout the season and most definately now into the off season .  Boston's placement movement compared to the last few seasons at this juncture is nothing short of spectacular.  The show is entertaining for most, with a clear and understandable theme for audiences. No guess work ! The new staff at Boston has done a remarkable job so far in the off season and now into early competition season, in both show design and marcher instruction .The Boston Crusaders marchers morale, attitude is superb with the show they have been given. And so far it shows in their early season competitions in the midwest!

Good. It's great when corps get better from year to year and members and fans are happy. Sounds like all the corps are excited about this year. Even the corps with staff changes seem to be doing better. 

• Like 1

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoor

• Like 3

This is where I expect to see the impact of this staff for BAC.  What they came out with was mostly the design component.  The overall program.  What we should now see is the growth through cleaning and raised performance levels, along with planned nuance additions with the guard (in particular) and music and storytelling. I believe BAC was somewhat inhibited the past few years with a product that may not have reached the field in as good a performance condition as this years offering, putting them in a position to improve the program design first, then clean it.  IMO that is where the biggest disconnect was.  Getting to clean it too late and although the techs were capable,  the program/design couldn't be modified sufficiently to enable cleaning.   The experience of this staff should keep the corps progressing throughout the season.  I won't see them again live until their show in Lawrence just before they start the trek to Indy.  They should be smoking by then.

• Like 2

Image may contain: one or more people, shoes and outdoor

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

This is where I expect to see the impact of this staff for BAC.  What they came out with was mostly the design component.  The overall program.  What we should now see is the growth through cleaning and raised performance levels, along with planned nuance additions with the guard (in particular) and music and storytelling. I believe BAC was somewhat inhibited the past few years with a product that may not have reached the field in as good a performance condition as this years offering, putting them in a position to improve the program design first, then clean it.  IMO that is where the biggest disconnect was.  Getting to clean it too late and although the techs were capable,  the program/design couldn't be modified sufficiently to enable cleaning.   The experience of this staff should keep the corps progressing throughout the season.  I won't see them again live until their show in Lawrence just before they start the trek to Indy.  They should be smoking by then.

Yes. Good points all. For perspective, Boston was in 14th place at this same juncture last season. Double digits behind the front runners. Wow, what progress so far. Boston will now begin the further layering of the show theme, incorpororating Guard , others into that layering, and other measures. The Corps will have much of their instructional staff caption heads on tour with them throughout the entire season ( not always the case in some previous seasons ), and this should help as well. I agree, the Corps should be smokin' by the time it gets to Lawrence, Ma. in early August. In the meantime, heading into Florida later this weekend and into early next week should be positive thing for the Corps as well!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

They, of 'staunch charactah'.

Wonderful team and performers this year. Having fun and shaking that tree, BAC. "Witch"!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Image may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoor

TY to the poster(s) for these  photos

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

My prediction ?..., lots of Drum Corps fans ( Cadets/ Crown included ) to be on this Boston Crusaders thread.  Traffic on this thread is going thru the roof with interest across the board !... and will only pick up steam throughout the season and most definately now into the off season . Boston's placement movement compared to the last few seasons at this juncture is nothing short of spectacular.  The show is entertaining for most, with a clear and understandable theme for audiences. No guess work ! The new staff at Boston has done a remarkable job so far in the off season and now into early competition season, in both show design and marcher instruction .The Boston Crusaders marchers morale, attitude is superb with the show they have been given. And so far it shows in their early season competition scores and the positive audience receptions to their 2017 show throughout the midwest!

B BAC this year has moved a long way from the past  20 years. BAC is there IMO.

Edited by emc2