2017 Boston Crusaders

stupid question. 

Anyone know whatever or wherever Joe Bananas-- is? was? or how is he?

Also another stupid question - used to be a large guy who might have marched timp or dishes back in the day. He used to come around and fancied himself as the dish line instructor. He was super nice guy but many of the kids treated him a little less than what I would have. He bought tickets for each year I was around to see the Red Sox. I never missed a game. Back then Roger Clemens was a starter. I think in his 3 or 4th year. I got to watch him pitch against the A's. 

When you are young things like that do not matter much. So much to see and do. But when you start to age a bit... times like that is what you reflect upon. 

GO BAC. BIG weekend coming up with Florida. Looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well articulated ( and well typed ), emc2 !

You have to understand.  Like i said i am upgrading my computers/Phones with voice OS and Apps house  solar all the computers phones etc.  example: If my lucky dog goes out of the area that I have define.  A warning will go off and I can  track him, as we'll in the woods on phone.  Can voice active Flomaching to start  Show on TV in my media room to view drum corp show.  Just a little stuff that i have been working on.  

30 minutes ago, E3D said:

stupid question. 

Anyone know whatever or wherever Joe Bananas-- is? was? or how is he?

' Saw Joe " Bananas " at the Concert in the Park in Boston last year, but not this year. He took the T in.  We chatted for a little bit. He's cleaned himself up a bit ( for Joe Bananas.. haha!). He still asks of BAC .." how many horns ya got ?".  I have no idea how old he is, nor his real name.. I  like the guy, even as the  homeless ragamuffin that he looks to be ( he's not homeless, by the way, nor a druggie ).. He  never marched in any Corps, but has been following Boston since the early 60's..  and loves the Corps. Good for him.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

yes I knew he was not homeless. I know some current BOD and former members who have helped him over the years. I'm just not in touch any-longer, gave up BookFace so hard to keep up. This is my only connection these days. Thanks for the info. 

"How many Horns ya got" he must have heard someone say that somewhere and it became a question of his forever. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Did I say you were in Championship Week form with your posts a week or two ago? 

Sorry, I misspoke. NOW you are in Championship Week form

Never mock. We all have setbacks. (((emc2))):45_persevere:

emc, you are an incredible asset and supporter of the corpS; the DCP  sometimes, though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

"How many Horns ya got" he must have heard someone say that somewhere and it became a question of his forever. 

Yes. Some years he'd be told " 17 or 19 horns " in Boston's hornline.  I never got to ask him last year when we met ever so briefly what he thought of the numbers " 70+ "... lol

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

Yes. Some years he'd be told " 17 or 19 horns ".  I never got to ask him last year what he thought of the numbers " 70+ "... lol

Just ask him whats in the bag?

He used to carry a brown bag around. It only had newspapers in it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Great photo!  They were great! 

1968 BAC at The (NJ) Dream. "G" for Getzen!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

Just ask him whats in the bag?

He used to carry a brown bag around. It only had newspapers in it. 

and the pole vault pole.

• Like 2

Thinking. 

What is the geographical makeup of the corps these days? Not rare to have kids saying wicked and y'all in the same groups? 

My daughter is half Japanese and I'm pushing her to get with a brass instrument this coming year in her school. Japan does not really march they have excellent techniques for concert and are very disciplined. Her mom my ex wants her to do dance / color-guard. I guess each is a win but it will be done in Boston if she has the chops or the skills.