2017 Boston Crusaders

14 minutes ago, craiga said:

I am not an official spokesperson for the corps, so I will defer to them. But I think I can tell you  that this is the Boston that I have been waiting for for more than 30 years.

Well this is a huge week for BAC and for the waiting fans to get a good look and listen to them.  I'm not sure to what extent we will see and hear things as each upcoming event is different form another.

Thursday's Boston Greenway event - no drill opportunity but should play the entire show.  Friday Spring Fling, BAC's annual fundraising event for alumni & friends - again music no field show, Saturday in Everett - field show; first glimpse of everything?  I hope to be at all of these.  I am so excited but not hyping, in case anyone was concerned about hyping.

• Like 4

I'll be in Everett, perhaps the Greenway. I agree the clip shared looks interesting. As to whether they are better now than at the end of last season as one poster mentioned, I think that's apples and oranges. What I saw in the clip shared was confidence, something I saw in abundance at semi's last summer, which I still believe made a difference. Madison had a tough season but didn't give anything away that night, Troopers gave the best performance in recent memory. Confidence is something Boston Crusaders has never lacked, even in the most challenging years. So confidence, with a difficult and demanding show done well, could be quite a combination. 

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I'll be in Everett, perhaps the Greenway. I agree the clip shared looks interesting. As to whether they are better now than at the end of last season as one poster mentioned, I think that's apples and oranges. What I saw in the clip shared was confidence, something I saw in abundance at semi's last summer, which I still believe made a difference. Madison had a tough season but didn't give anything away that night, Troopers gave the best performance in recent memory. Confidence is something Boston Crusaders has never lacked, even in the most challenging years. So confidence, with a difficult and demanding show done well, could be quite a combination. 

I agree there is never a lack of confidence when Indy rolls around.  What may be different this year, is seeing that level of confidence early, and how it translates into each performance.  I think caution about letting loose musically last year, coupled with design missteps & a struggle to figure out fixes, led to slow performance development.  The result was barely hanging on to 12th.  I see a huge difference this year already.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I agree there is never a lack of confidence when Indy rolls around.  What may be different this year, is seeing that level of confidence early, and how it translates into each performance.  I think caution about letting loose musically last year, coupled with design missteps & a struggle to figure out fixes, led to slow performance development.  The result was barely hanging on to 12th.  I see a huge difference this year already.

While all of this is true, I would like to share how mightily impressed I was with last year's Boston Crusaders Corps, blemishes and all. They fought with all their might not to be the 1st Boston Crusaders Corps to have not have made Finals since 1999. They were determined to not allow that to happen on their watch. They really had their hands full... sitting in 14th place with only 2 weeks to go. They could have coasted to that finish line. But did not. They busted their arses for Boston Crusaders marchers and BAC Corps that went before, with an all out effort to retain their Corps Finalist position.  it was by no means an easy uphill climb as they were facing some very competitive and terrific Drum Corps. So I will always have a soft spot for last season's Boston Crusaders. I won't soon forget that late season surge of theirs. It was inspirational, imo.  Something the 2017 edition of the Boston Crusaders can draw upon this summer when its hot, muggy, they're tired, and think they may not have much more in their tank to give.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

While all of this is true, I would like to share how mightily impressed I was with last year's Boston Crusaders Corps, blemishes and all. They fought with all their might not to be the 1st Boston Crusaders Corps to have not have made Finals since 1999. They were determined to not allow that to happen on their watch. They really had their hands full... sitting in 14th place with only 2 weeks to go. They could have coasted to that finish line. But did not. They busted their arses for Boston Crusaders marchers and BAC Corps that went before, with an all out effort to retain their Corps Finalist position.  it was by no means an easy uphill climb as they were facing some very competitive Corps. So I will always have a soft spot for last season's Boston Crusaders. I won't soon forget that late season surge of theirs. It was inspirational, imo.  Something the 2017 edition of the Boston Crusaders can draw upon this summer when its hot, muggy, they're tired, and think they may not have much more in their tank to give.

And to clarify my previous comments about hanging on to 12th.  It was a supreme effort by those MM's last year to make that happen.  That determination and will have not gone away, of that I am certain.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I can't agree there is always confidence when Indy rolls around. I'd have to go back to Corpsreps to verify, but I do not recall Crossmen ahead of  Blue Stars in any contest in 2012 and lots of folks predicted 13th, but a fiery show in semi's filled with confidence and a bit of swagger did it. In my opinion, the confidence began to grow after CYO Nationals Tribute followed by the visit to Most Precious Blood for a history/pep talk, a good reception at Allentown and practicing at Lucas Oil prior to prelims.  

From the video, I can definitely see a Potter, May, Townsend visual style.

Very excited to see the "witchy" moves soon!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Happy to hear it.  You don't always get to see them.  Hope you have an enjoyable apres whale watch session.

No, no you don't. My sister and I went once when we were in Portland, Oregon two summers ago. Got up really early to drive down to the place. It was cold and misty. Rode in a rubber speedboat and were the only group all month not to see a single one. 

Three fin whales (which are elusive) and a basking shark today...plus a nice sunburn. Lol. 

Flying home in the morning to go to the game 6 viewing party outside Bridgestone. Hopefully we'll play like we know to at home. 

There ya go, Liahona. ;)  Now off to Toro for dinner. 

• Like 1