Cadets 2017

Jeff won't work with GH. That ship has sailed.

Interesting.

Interesting.

Only the ones that will tell GH to #### off would go back as long as he's there. Tom Aungst is one of them. Wishing the new crew all the best though. Still a great corps with potential! Edited by Tobias

First meet and greet is set by GH

Cadets and C2 ALUMNI -- a one DAY Special Request !!!!!!

On September 25th at J Birney Crum stadium, there will be 20 or so college bands performing as part of COLLEGE BAND DAY.

This is a great time for us to be on hand to talk to students and to chat up the Cadets ... both of them !!! It's also a great day for folks to come out and lend a hand

The event begins at 12 noon and goes to 5 pm.
We would like to have you there at 11:00 am.

We will have tents across from the stadium, and in the stadium ...
and we will have about 6-7 of the 2017 Staff on hand from 2 pm - 4 pm.

Can you make it ?? Wear your corps jacket ?? Talk to folks??

There will also be about 5,000 high school students in the stands.

We need to make a splash !!!

Drop a note to Mike Pfeil at mpfeil@yea.org and the information will keep coming your way!!!!

• Like 1

Give the Cadets design team an exciting, compelling concept to work with, they can do medalist work nine times out of 10traditional or non-traditional. Heck two designers were canned in Florida, how could DP or anyone else make that show competitive under those pressures?

I give DP and anyone else who gutted through last season a pass.

Medalist work with the designers they had I would agree. But this is essentially a brand new team. Even DP is still brand new and unproven. Aungst is back which will help. But with a new show coordinator, new arranger added to a proven drum guy and brand new pit arranger...you can't say that this is going to be anything but totally unpredictable.

Medalist work with the designers they had I would agree. But this is essentially a brand new team. Even DP is still brand new and unproven. Aungst is back which will help. But with a new show coordinator, new arranger added to a proven drum guy and brand new pit arranger...you can't say that this is going to be anything but totally unpredictable.

Logistically yes but part of me thinks when creativity is the goal, mixing up the people may be a good thing. Remember that great Cadet staff that's gone really have been inconsistent the past decade. Great talent, interference from GH perhaps but the innovation has been questionable after 2011. Obviously 2016 was a misfire but let's see what this mix of old, new, borrowed and blue bunch can create.

Not sure if anyone thought about it but this year's Cadets2 show was the last Cadets show where jay bocoock arranged the music and sacktig wrote the drill. :(

Logistically yes but part of me thinks when creativity is the goal, mixing up the people may be a good thing. Remember that great Cadet staff that's gone really have been inconsistent the past decade. Great talent, interference from GH perhaps but the innovation has been questionable after 2011. Obviously 2016 was a misfire but let's see what this mix of old, new, borrowed and blue bunch can create.

I hear you. But the poster earlier referred to "The Cadets design team" and how with the right concept they can do great work. Well that design team is long gone. I do not know if any of the new designers have ever worked as a team together. And where is Sully? Did GH just bring him in this summer to fix his mess and then kick him to the curb? Or did I miss something and he's coming back...All that being said...these guys may come up with some brilliant work and I am looking forward to the show concept and music design. But Jeff Sacktig is a major loss as is Jay Bocook. It's pretty tough to replace HOF designers like that.

Edited by auldschool

Not sure if anyone thought about it but this year's Cadets2 show was the last Cadets show where jay bocoock arranged the music and sacktig wrote the drill. :(

and McNutt the drum book, no?

Yes, definitely the end of an era;and most suitably they went out with a win.

• Like 1

I hear you. But the poster earlier referred to "The Cadets design team" and how with the right concept they can do great work. Well that design team is long gone. I do not know if any of them have ever worked as a team together. And where is Sully? Did GH just bring him in this summer to fix his mess and then kick him to the curb? Or did I miss something and he's coming back...All that being said...these guys may come up with some brilliant work and I am looking forward to the show concept and music design. But Jeff Sacktig is a major loss as is Jay Bocook. It's pretty tough to replace HOF designers like that.

usually when Sully is let go, it isn't always someone else's decision.