Cadets 2017

zero idea what you're talking about... if I poo-poo'd something incorrectly, I apologize. It is what it is at this point

I agree the changes and the contract helped. Tom / George worked well together. No, they are not "buddies"

I personally HATE working with "buddies"

Think he's referring to Tom coming back.

Hop himself has said on the record at least at one point in time was that the only person he would feel comfortable leaving the Cadets to was Tom.

I think the 5 year contract is to transition Tom to replace GH. Tom is all about education and it would be a perfect fit for Cadets, Tom and GH would be comfortable with Tom taking the reigns. I also think you would see many past Cadets staff flocking back to Cadets if this happened or at least offering their services. Tom is pretty progressive. He may opt to develop new talent to push Cadets forward into a innovation mode vs going back to the past for staff but that's another thread. We'll see but Tom

returning is huge as I've said before.

Edited by Tobias

I think the 5 year contract is to transition Tom to replace GH. Tom is all about education and it would be a perfect fit for Cadets, Tom and GH would be comfortable with Tom taking the reigns. I also think you would see many past Cadets staff flocking back to Cadets if this happened or at least offering their services. Tom is pretty progressive. He may opt to develop new talent to push Cadets forward into a innovation mode vs going back to the past for staff but that's another thread. We'll see but Tom

returning is huge as I've said before.

I don't know whether Tom is the right person to deal with the mega-ton stressing administrative tasks that come with DCI directorships, but as a motivator, creative mind, and diligent and precise instructor one might discover no finer. His Dartmouth WP programs over the years may be the juice Cadets need to get all flowing again although Tom is the first one to credit Darcie for the great Dartmouth ideas for winter and fall. I think he's a great add.

Edited by xandandl

I don't know whether Tom is the right person to deal with the mega-ton stressing administrative tasks that come with DCI directorships, but as a motivator, creative mind, and diligent and precise instructor one might discover no finer. His Dartmouth WP programs over the years may be the juice Cadets need to get all flowing again although Tom is the first one to credit Darcie for the great Dartmouth ideas for winter and fall. I think he's a great add.

I used to correspond with a Dartmouth band mom around 2000 (he son was one of the great Cadet tenors in their 2000 show). She sent me a video form Dartmouth that was from an annual event they used to hold called "An evening of Percussion". It was an entire evening of both 'regular' percussion ensemble in the school's theater, with the entire audience moving to thy gym at the end to see the indoor percussion show. No idea if they still do that, but it was a nice event.

What about Bruno?

I just think there is more to it than just drumming but we'll see. Tom is a Cadet through and through and would be great in a higher than caption head capacity.

What about Bruno?

There are several versions of why he quit working with Hopkins. Some versions are more fiction than fact, and most of the facts are private. Be suspicious of any one other than Hopkins and Bruno saying they know the true story.

One true fact is that Bruno has had the care of his most elderly parents back in PA. Beyond that you have to ask him or ask Hopkins directly,

There are several versions of why he quit working with Hopkins. Some versions are more fiction than fact, and most of the facts are private. Be suspicious of any one other than Hopkins and Bruno saying they know the true story.

One true fact is that Bruno has had the care of his most elderly parents back in PA. Beyond that you have to ask him or ask Hopkins directly,

Correct. He's wonderful with the kids and wish he was kept in the mix and did fill in as Cavaliers DIRECTOR a few years back. I love Bruno.
  • Like 2

Be suspicious of any one other than Hopkins and Bruno saying they know the true story.

So do not get upset when I type I'm very, very suspicious of your "one true fact"!

• Like 1