Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

The notion that BD ' continually gets the benefit of the doubt " by the DCI judging community is mostly just sour grapes and/ or urban myth. BD was supremo in the 80's, but then the Cavaliers past them on the visual / guard side, and BD fell back as the DCI judging community did NOT ' continually give BD the benefit of the doubt" then. But BD rethought their designs of shows, ang got back on top again. In 2008, BD topped Phantom Regiment that season 16 times in a row. BD lost to Phantom just once that 2008 season. But it was on Finals Night that year... and it cost BD the 2008 Title. BD did not " get the benefit of the doubt " in 2008 either. So such talk is silly, imo

I am a BD fan so I am biased, but I too agree it just isnt true.  Can we realize that BD doesnt win everything?  They win alot, but that is because they are just THAT good.  Design is next level, as with guard, drill, visual intervals/ technique, percussion and brass.  They have the PERFECT mixture, a perfect storm of drum corps design, and you try to argue the judges are biased!?  Please.

3 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

Hop basically went through the years and described how they developed show themes. 2005 was Marc's baby. 2000 was Hop's. It was basically an hour of story time. But he did say "Bernstein" when talking about licensing 

Perhaps my guess on here was right then.. I posted here that the " NY Phil " connections might signal works of Bernstein for Cadets this summer.

41 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

no way were they going to lose on their home turf that year....

There is no such thing as a " home turf " in DCI Drum Corps. Thats silly too. Madison has won Titles away, and fared poorly in their " home turf " in Wisco... and now in Indy. Boston was poised to make Finals for the 1st time in their DCI history in '94 with the show in their backyard of Foxboro, but wound up in 13th.  BD has won almost ALL their DCI Titles on somebody else's " home turf :, and thousands of miles away from their West Coast " home turf ". Cadets for decades have won in Allentown, and got buried there, and that " home turf " of the regionals there in Allentown never made a wit of differance in those results over the years there. BD, is the Corps that would be most disadvantaged over the last 35 years if there was such a thing as a " home turf ". But BD wins, (and occasionally loses), and the zip code of the show's venue is totally irrelevant to their Titles and shows won the last 4 decades. To think otherwise, is just silly talk too, imo. DCI judges don't care what audiences at home shows think anyways. Otherwise, the Madison Scouts would have won more DCI Titles by now than the Cadets have won, imo

Edited by BRASSO

18 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Brasso has an answer for everything. 

No.. I have an " opinion ". I make no claim of " the answers". You and other Cadets are claiming that there is an " anti- Cadets " bias within the DCI judging community. Thats your " answer " to the rare times that the Cadets don't fare as well as you had hoped. That sounds a bit whiny to outsiders as the " answer " to the shortcoming. Thats not my " answer" to it though. Its just my assessment.. my opinion. You can make of that " opinion" what you will, of course. Either way, its no big deal to me . I actually enjoy most of the Cadets shows over the years too. And have said as much on here over the years. But I don't care when I post THAT, if it that gets your ego blown up so your hat don't fit snugly on your head anymore either. Its just an " opinion", No matter what I express on here.  Same as for you, Sailor.

Edited by BRASSO

21 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No.. I have an " opinion ". I make no claim of " the answers". You and other Cadets are claiming that there is an " anti- Cadets " bias within the DCI judging community. Thats your " answer " to the rare times that the Cadets don't fare as well as you had hoped. That sounds a bit whiny to outsiders as the " answer " to the shortcoming. Thats not my " answer" to it though. Its just my assessment.. my opinion. You can make of that " opinion" what you will, of course. Either way, its no big deal to me . I actually enjoy most of the Cadets shows over the years too. And have said as much on here over the years. But I don't care when I post THAT, if it that gets your ego blown up so your hat don't fit snugly on your head anymore either. Its just an " opinion", No matter what I express on here.  Same as for you, Sailor.

I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to you, I must show proof in order to help you realize some of the follies of your ways: 

On 2/25/2017 at 7:22 PM, 2000Cadet said:

I don't believe in any of this "conspiracy theory" crap about judges being biased against Cadets. They got exactly what they deserved for the past few years. Some of the shows of the few years were pretty good, but not "Cadets greatness" in my opinion. Cadets simply need to step their game up, point blank. I feel that if this year doesn't show significant improvement from the past few years, well I might just give up on their ever winning another championship. Clearly the other top corps aren't taking any crap if last year showed us anything. 

Please explain to me WHERE I claimed there is an "anti-Cadets" bias? Please refer to facts before you go spouting off with your mouth. 

Just now, corpsband said:

sound fury etc...

Maybe it would've worked better for you if I added a short meme instead. We know how much you like and prefer memes ( lol!)