Cadets 2017

6 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Seriously? We all know the off season relationships with judges and staff of corps. When in a situation where a corps is to be given the benefit of the doubt... Cadets are not high on that list. Of course "hash-gate" in 2007 by GH may have been interpreted as another act of arrogance by him. Not out of the realm of reality for a few judges to have to attitude of let's see what you gained for stopping the show. 

So you're suggesting, for example then, in 2015....

Brass judge really likes what Cadets are doing and puts them in 1st for that caption.  This has them in striking distance of the bronze however, and this is unacceptable to the Green Shirts.  Brass judge sends a group text to all visual judges, "Dock Cadets a tenth or two in each of your subcaptions, or inflate Bloos scores to give them the medal. #DownWithHop".

Okay....

9 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Very anti-GH and perhaps rightfully so and invariably, it's filters down to Cadets to a lesser degree. Judges probably don't want to take it out in the kids but I think it happens. (Was Cadets 2016 Percussion really 6th place?).  I mean seriously. I get design issues blah blah but when their is any suspicion of vulberability, Cadets get plummeted and I just don't see that with other WC corps. 

I believe a Corps sub par visual/ guard show design these days in DCI might bleed into a lower Percussion score on the new judging sheets for a Corps.... ANY  Corps.... but I had not heard before that there is an " anti- Cadets "  bias within the DCI Community at the moment. Why would the DCI Judging community be ( your words ) " very anti- Geoge Hopkins " ? Why would they not like him ? Again, I'm just curious here, more than anything re. this alleged judging conspiracy against the Cadets.

Edited by BRASSO

24 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

That's a pretty #### strong statement.  

And it would require a vast conspiracy within the entire judging community.  

Gonna' have to call bull---- on that one.

The drumcorps community is VERY small.  If you think GH has a toxic personality, why would you think it wouldn't affect relationships with the judging community? If I'm a judge and I'm judging Crown and I'm on the fence, Micheal Klesch-great guy, competent, wonderful educator,....

if im judging Cadets and I'm on the fence, GH, guy never paid me when I judged US Bands, called me an idiot when I had Cadets behind Corps A in caption X...

Hmmm, yep personalities count. 

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I believe a Corps sub par visual/ guard show design these days in DCI might bleed into a lower Percussion score for a Corps.... ANY  Corps.... but I had not heard before that there is an " anti- Cadets "  bias within the DCI Community at the moment. Why would the DCI Judging community be ( your words ) " very anti- Geoge Hopkins " ? Why would they not like him ? Again, I'm just curious here, more than anything re. this alleged judging conspiracy against the Cadets.

Sorry and as "off" as Cadets were in 2016, I look at captions and gaps and shake my head. Sorry. 

Edited by Tobias

1 minute ago, Tobias said:

The drumcorps community is VERY small.  If you think GH has a toxic personality, why would you think it wouldn't affect relationships with the judging community? If I'm a judge and I'm judging Crown and I'm on the fence, Micheal Klesch-great guy, competent, wonderful educator,....

if im judging Cadets and I'm on the fence, GH, guy never paid me when I judged US Bands, called me an idiot when I had Cadets behind Corps A in caption X...

Hmmm, yep personalities count. 

Because what you're suggesting is that the judging community in general isn't capable of evaluating any given performance, and specifically has an issue with George Hopkins and have no qualms in taking out that out on 150 performers by scoring them inappropriately.

1 minute ago, Tobias said:

In any case, looking forward to a new season....

Why...?

If what you say is true, the Cadets are pretty ####ed regardless of what they do.

Just now, Tobias said:

The drumcorps community is VERY small.  If you think GH has a toxic personality, why would you think it wouldn't affect relationships with the judging community?,  

if the DCI Judging community is " personality driven " as you are alleging today, are there other Corps who do not have the right personality running their Corps that are similarly effected with better placements, or worse placements, than they might ordinarily receive from the judges ?.... or is this DCI judging bias just towards the Cadets, because the judges don't like " his personality " alone ?

37 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Sorry and as "off" as Cadets were in 2016, I look at captions and gaps and shake my head. Sorry. 

Did the DCI judging community set aside George Hopkins " personality " as recently as 2011  and award his Corps a DCI Title ? But the George Hopkins " personality " changed so much since 2011, that his changed " personality " no longer works for him with the DCI judging community ? Again, just trying to figure out where you think the DCI Judging community has an " Anti- Cadets " bias here, as the Cadets have won 10.. TEN.... DCI Titles over the years with GH at the helm, that it would seem that your alleged DCI  judging conspiracy against the Cadets  might not reside in DCI, but perhaps rather in your conspiratorial imagination alone. Again, just an observation here, that's all.

Edited by BRASSO