Carolina Crown 2017

7 hours ago, corpsband said:

The Peoples Front Ensemble 2017

j1a5un9.jpg

Oh you're so 2012. They're a cute bunch. 

Just returned from watching show and tell (an outdoor version of show and tell at that!) and I will say the show music feels a lot like 2008. It's extremely hard to judge the talent level of the corps, especially the drum line, because there were quite a few kids missing. I counted 14 trumpets, 8 altos, 12 baris and 6 tubas. Looks like they had a full drum line and pit. The show is a work in progress, and I feel like they're not as far along as they've been in previous years. I think they have the talent to stay in the upper echelon, but it might be a bit more work this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Just returned from watching show and tell (an outdoor version of show and tell at that!) and I will say the show music feels a lot like 2008. It's extremely hard to judge the talent level of the corps, especially the drum line, because there were quite a few kids missing. I counted 14 trumpets, 8 altos, 12 baris and 6 tubas. Looks like they had a full drum line and pit. The show is a work in progress, and I feel like they're not as far along as they've been in previous years. I think they have the talent to stay in the upper echelon, but it might be a bit more work this season.

Thanks for the update.  We get so little info on the Corps now, that when we do get something from someone who was at a Corps camp, I want to acknowledge it.

3 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

And on DCP, Corpsband said:

qxTBcZG.png

4 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

...e there were quite a few kids missing. I counted 14 trumpets, 8 altos, 12 baris and 6 tubas. Looks like they had a full drum line and pit. ... progress, and I feel like they're not as far along as they've been in previous years....

Usual hornline is about 80.  14+8+12+6=40.

Must have been an optional weekend, a weekend for rookies, a weekend dwarfed by college exams already underway in Southern universities, or sadly, perhaps some affected by the tornadoes/floods/blizzards effecting parts of the Nation. No wonder Corpbands feels abandoned. 

if I were being mean, I could say that the lion king and friendly vets were down in Tampa to see Leon (lion) and what BAC has to offer. But I won't.

I'm sure they;ll all be back for ST at Boiling Springs to nap those black snakes I have seen posted from the People's Front pages.

34 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Usual hornline is about 80.  14+8+12+6=40.

Must have been an optional weekend, a weekend for rookies, a weekend dwarfed by college exams already underway in Southern universities, or sadly, perhaps some affected by the tornadoes/floods/blizzards effecting parts of the Nation. No wonder Corpbands feels abandoned. 

if I were being mean, I could say that the lion king and friendly vets were down in Tampa to see Leon (lion) and what BAC has to offer. But I won't.

I'm sure they;ll all be back for ST at Boiling Springs to nap those black snakes I have seen posted from the People's Front pages.

ok since you're keepin' on keepin' on with the Lion King. 

the point of that post was that the Cadets aren't doing Lion King.  So yeah -- you missed it :-) 

Heard the missing horn line kids were mostly due to finals.   

ps. oh and for your edification and santification... *whoosh* -- that's the sound of something flying over your head :-)

Edited by corpsband

18 minutes ago, corpsband said:

ok since you're keepin' on keepin' on with the Lion King. 

the point of that post was that the Cadets aren't doing Lion King.  So yeah -- you missed it :-) 

Heard the missing horn line kids were mostly due to finals.   

ps. oh and for your edification and santification... *whoosh* -- that's the sound of something flying over your head :-)

If you want to delude yourself that I didn't know the reference from your initial posting on, I can't stop you from suffocating  in your own cave.

"Whoosh" is usually the sound associated in sports when the basketball goes through the net without touching rim or back board. 3 points often enough.

I think "whiff" is what you wanted for your strike-out. Good night.

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

If you want to delude yourself that I didn't know the reference from your initial posting on, I can't stop you from suffocating  in your own cave.

"Whoosh" is usually the sound associated in sports when the basketball goes through the net without touching rim or back board. 3 points often enough.

I think "whiff" is what you wanted for your strike-out. Good night.

no that's swoosh :doh: