Carolina Crown 2017

35 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The article sounds ridiculous. I've read less flowery hallmark cards lol. Very over the top 

The members look great. 

honestly i think that's how that guy writes about every corps.  he's like DrumManTx :colgate: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

honestly i think that's how that guy writes about every corps.  he's like DrumManTx :colgate: 

Probably the case. 

So what they're saying is, they're ahead of where they were last year....  I've never hear That before..  :whistle:

• Like 2

If somebody writes a glowing report from camp... great. I want MORE of these types of unapologetic hype, even if we might  have to take it with a grain of salt sometimes. So what ? Otherwise, to engage in critical comments of the info provide from camps, only gives the fodder to those who say..... " see, when we release stuff from camps, we get all the armchair quarterbacks out there, attempting to beat up on the folks  and their info who took the time and the energy to provide us their info from camps ". Then those people who were kind enough to give the info say.. " screw that, I'm not putting myself in any future position to be subjected to that unnecessary criticisms."

So lets back off here on this guys write up inmpressions. I liked his report, just the way it was. Word for word, even. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I hope he continues to do his writeups in the future, when, where, and how he chooses. I LOVED his info write up from camp.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

If somebody writes a glowing report from camp... great. I want MORE of these types of unapologetic hype, even if we might  have to take it with a grain of salt sometimes. So what ? Otherwise, to engage in critical comments of the info provide from camps, only gives the fodder to those who say..... " see, when we release stuff from camps, we get all the armchair quarterbacks out there, attempting to beat up on the folks  and their info who took the time and the energy to provide us their info from camps ". Then those people who were kind enough to give the info say.. " screw that, I'm not putting myself in any future position to be subjected to that unnecessary criticisms."

So lets back off here on this guys write up inmpressions. I liked his report, just the way it was. Word for word, even. I wouldn't change a thing about it. I hope he continues to do his writeups in the future, when, where, and how he chooses. I LOVED his info write up from camp.

Sometimes folks are happier if the sky is falling...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Meh. It's not that the write up is good or bad or hype or not.  It's that it provides no information. This could be the generic hype update for - insert corps name here. I would much rather read about what they ate for breakfast, how many gallons of milk, anything. If you're not going to release show information then posting nothing would be better than this. Hey, but you liked so, that's fine too. We're just here sharing our opinions  

34 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Meh. It's not that the write up is good or bad or hype or not.  It's that it provides no information. This could be the generic hype update for - insert corps name here. I would much rather read about what they ate for breakfast, how many gallons of milk, anything. If you're not going to release show information then posting nothing would be better than this. Hey, but you liked so, that's fine too. We're just here sharing our opinions  

I hear you, HockeyDad.. I understand some of the criticisms of the writers article too ( and share the fans frustrations with the lack of substantive stuff on shows, themes, music, etc, and  the lack of even harmless videos of Corps doing even simple practice brass chords, or percussion fundamentals, and the like from most of the WC Corps. )

Edited by BRASSO

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

But we hates the sun!  It burns us!  

• Like 1