Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

2 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

That colorguard never disappoints. Just wow. My favorite parts are the opener and closer, but that ballad is pretty jammin too! I don't think it's unbeatable, but it certainly won't be easy. As for winning the Ott theyre definitely a contender (when are they not?) but Crown doesn't look like they'll give it away just yet.

what?  give it away?  It's not theirs to GIVE away.  They don't even have that many jim Ott Trophies.  Lets talk when they have half as many perhaps.

lol

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, flammaster said:

what?  give it away?  It's not theirs to GIVE away.  They don't even have that many jim Ott Trophies.  Lets talk when they have half as many perhaps.

lol

Relax, I was just referring to the fact crown won it most recently. Its like saying Bluecoats will defend their title this year. Of course they don't, no one has the history of excellence the Devils do. But since 2009 Crown has set themselves as a perennial brass line and won brass at many shows. So have the Blue Devils. I'm sorry if you thought I was trying to insult the corps, I really wasn't. I just don't agree with the hype that Blue Devils will certainly take the Ott as they have strong competition from Crown and Bluecoats. To be honest though if the Ott was awarded just based on trumpets Blue Devils would never lose!

32 minutes ago, flammaster said:

you saw the last line right?

lol

So I'm not allowed to express an opinion because the Blue Devils won stuff before Crown was even a world class corps? The success of their hornline in 2017 has nothing to do with the success in 2004 or any other year. As it stands now there are hornlines that are quite capable of competing with Blue Devils and that's the reality. I never said "Crown has historically always dominated brass" or that theyre the best hornline in history. 

• Like 3

How do I keep missing the YT videos? Dang. I read about them here and check every few hours but by the time I search "blue devils 2017" there's nothing new. 

Also, are you guys planning on complaining about Rihanna all summer

I just wanna be prepared

• Like 3