Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

1 minute ago, johnpendell said:

honestly, probably. but not on here that's for sure.

Eh, when everything else is so awesome who cares?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brass Lover said:

Eh, when everything else is so awesome who cares?

Oh, totally. I just like what I like, and don't like what I don't. Just like everyone! It's not a big deal. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

So I'm not allowed to express an opinion because the Blue Devils won stuff before Crown was even a world class corps? The success of their hornline in 2017 has nothing to do with the success in 2004 or any other year. As it stands now there are hornlines that are quite capable of competing with Blue Devils and that's the reality. I never said "Crown has historically always dominated brass" or that theyre the best hornline in history. 

You didn't see the last line.

lol   <----

^^

never mind

4 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Technically, "Diamonds" is a Sia song.

That is true, but the popularity of the song came from Rihanna, Sia wrote the lyrics 

24 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Technically, "Diamonds" is a Sia song.

I don't see the big deal weather they use Rihanna diamond or something else out there. It wasn't a dance break, It was more to me a transition piece added. If it was a dance break I would definitely react same way as you, it was tastefully done and it wasn't long either like the Bieber piece. It wasn't distracting! I think they are trying to fit a lot of things from the pass coming up to what they originally have implemented into there shows, then morph into the future.  So alot is mixed into the show musically and visually, Thats how I read the show. Its really brilliant!

I watched the rehearsal several times and I litetally could pick out so much abd how it take you from one point to another by the concept of metamorphing. Even movements that resembles caccon like state then giving birth to evolution of change.

Sorry was meant for johnpendell

Edited by theonlyfizzle
Was neant for Johbpendell
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Sia also sings it better because she has more than an octave vocal range. :P

That I agree with you 100% lol. Sia's a very underrated singer 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I don't see the big deal weather they use Rihanna diamond or something else out there. It wasn't a dance break, It was more to me a transition piece added. If it was a dance break I would definitely react same way as you, it was tastefully done and it wasn't long either like the Bieber piece. It wasn't distracting! I think they are trying to fit a lot of things from the pass coming up to what they originally have implemented into there shows, then morph into the future.  So alot is mixed into the show musically and visually, Thats how I read the show. Its really brilliant!

I watched the rehearsal several times and I litetally could pick out so much abd how it take you from one point to another by the concept of metamorphing. Even movements that resembles caccon like state then giving birth to evolution of change.

Sorry was meant for johnpendell

It's not a big deal. I just personally don't like it is all. To me if it were taken out or never used to begin with we wouldn't have even noticed it. It is like you said transitional music. I just don't get where they got the idea to use it in that very moment with that very song, it's a weird choice to me, even though I understand it's purpose. It just doesn't translate well with me. Overall the shows still great though! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Sia also sings it better because she has more than an octave vocal range. :P

She definitely sings it better, but Rihanna's accent makes the song more interesting, IMO. But both are great  

Anyway I'm just glad they chose an unimpeachable Rihanna/Sia song this year, because having to defend that dweeb Bieber last year was extremely fraught for me. Honestly I still stay up nights thinking about how I forced myself to say "Bieber in drum corps is OK" last year purely on principle. It was Manchurian Candidate levels of self-deception, and I'll never let BD live it down!!

Edited by saxfreq1128