British corps to attend 2017 DCI Championship

That an all-age corps is expecting to compete in DCI World class is the only concern I'm expressing.

They're not expecting to compete as a World Class corps. They will compete WITH the other classes. Just as Open and World combine during prelims, when an international class corps is present, they get thrown into the fray. Yes, the rules are different, but they're different between World and Open too. So should we just let them be judged at the own contest? Yay, they win, with no audience for their one-corps competition.

The activity is not big enough to be as picky as you want it to be. Let international corps be judged and ranked alongside everyone else. After all, it won't affect placements in semifinals or finals.

Lol.

Some people are really exasperated...perhaps desperate(?).

You can tell them by their preference for snide remarks, mean memes and denial of the issue over discussion.

I think by discussion, you mean you want to hear your own opinion parroted back at you so you can feel like your opinion is validated.

That's not how discussion works, unfortunately.

• Like 2

They're not expecting to compete as a World Class corps. They will compete WITH the other classes. Just as Open and World combine during prelims, when an international class corps is present, they get thrown into the fray. Yes, the rules are different, but they're different between World and Open too. So should we just let them be judged at the own contest? Yay, they win, with no audience for their one-corps competition.

The activity is not big enough to be as picky as you want it to be. Let international corps be judged and ranked alongside everyone else. After all, it won't affect placements in semifinals or finals.

I seem to remember DCA corps on the same field of competition as DCI Open and World Class corps in 2016 (and earlier) as well. This didn't seem to bother anyone. Or did it? How is this any different?

That an all-age corps is expecting to compete in DCI World class is the only concern I'm expressing.

I have to agree here with DrumManTx...I don't get it...

Besides THE COMPANY Performance Ensemble, based in the North of England, UK is one of a few remaining youth marching bands / drum & bugle corps operating in the United Kingdom. THE COMPANY provides a needed and valued opportunity for primarily young people. yes there may be a couple adults...but so what...not like it's going to put them into the top 12 or something...gee wiz.

I seem to remember DCA corps on the same field of competition as DCI Open and World Class corps in 2016 (and earlier) as well. This didn't seem to bother anyone. Or did it? How is this any different?

I don't think it bothers many, certainly not me. However, it actually is a little different, as those corps are scored on DCA sheets at DCI competitions, and can't be directly compared score-wise with DCI corps. International corps are scored on DCI sheets. But really, it's the same principle, and it's the audience who wins in the end.

Well open class corps are now judged on the same sheets as world class..so this may be a bit inaccurate...EXCEPT for the touring model aspect...so if that is what you are referring then I agree...

I think by discussion, you mean you want to hear your own opinion parroted back at you so you can feel like your opinion is validated.

That's not how discussion works, unfortunately.

Nah. I don't mind opposing opinions about whether an all age corps should compete in World class. I'm talking about comments like, "This activity isn't big enough for people to be as picky as you want to be". Lol Edited by candl

The only issue is that the all-age corps is planning to COMPETE in World class.

...not "along with World class".

...not "as International class".

...not "judged like World class".

The all-age corps will be competing as a World class corps.

Edited by candl