British corps to attend 2017 DCI Championship

How many times must it be shown that they are NOT competing IN World Class?

DCI.ORG says in the article..."Competing in DCIs International Class division..."

which you yourself said is fine, I think.

Incorrect. They are competing in World class. That's the only issue.

Correct. International all-age corps fit the DCI International class perfectly.

If they were competing in International class, we'd all be throwing a party rather than wondering why DCI is letting an all age corps compete in World class.

Edited by candl

If they were competing in International class, we'd all be throwing a party rather than wondering why DCI is letting an all age corps compete in World class.

What is it that makes you say that? The dci.org statement clearly says the opposite?

Here is the info where it clearly states that "Competing in DCI’s International Class division, the Company will have the opportunity........."

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=965782&SPID=166025&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211142691&DB_OEM_ID=33500

Can you please point me in the direction where it says they will be competing in World Class? please and thank you!! I can't seem to find that info.

What is it that makes you say that? The dci.org statement clearly says the opposite?

a7fa637bd05141ad216c93c97c65ecfb2d4d290e

• Like 1

As has been said MANY times here...with citations from DCI.org...

And I'll say this in nice, big letters and most;t small words so that you can actually see, since you clearly refuse to understand.

THE. COMPANY. IS. NOT. COMPETING. IN. THE. WORLD. CLASS. DIVISION. THEY. ARE. COMPETING. IN. THE. INTERNATIONAL. DIVISION.

BEING. SCORED. ON. WORLD. CLASS. SHEETS. DOES. NOT. MEAN. THEY'RE. COMPETING. IN. WORLD. CLASS. THEY. CANNOT. DISPLACE. A. WORLD. CLASS. CORPS. FROM. ANY. PLACEMENT. ALL. THEY. REALLY. GET. IS. A. SCORE.

Seriously....get a ####ing life!

• Like 2

So, back on track:

For those who have watched The Company with a critical "world class" eye, how do they compare to our world class corps? And by how, I don't just mean "as good as" or "not as good as," but how do they compare when you break down captions?

So, back on track:

For those who have watched The Company with a critical "world class" eye, how do they compare to our world class corps? And by how, I don't just mean "as good as" or "not as good as," but how do they compare when you break down captions?

Based on Youtube viewing I think they compare with Open class corps mostly. Small group but have very good technique. IMO they are probably in the mix of Open class corps like Legend and Spartans.

• Like 1

So, back on track:

I found a July 3rd show...I'm not too sure how their season runs...so I don't know if this is considered an early show...I've never really been all that great at critiquing corps from videos...I rather just give my overall impressions while experiencing the performance live...

• Like 1

I found a July 3rd show. I'm not too sure how their season runs, so I don't know if this is considered an early show. I've never really been all that great at critiquing corps from videos; I rather just give my overall impressions while experiencing the performance live.

That is indeed pretty early (although some European corps are already competing by late May, I think). The Drum Corps UK championship isn't until Sep. 17, and the Drum Corps Europe championships is a week after that.

But for purposes of comparing The Company to DCI corps, all that matters is how good they are by early August.

And for that, we can note that Jubal, who finished three points behind The Company at DCE championships in Sep. 2015, had placed 30th in DCI Prelims seven weeks earlier.

So figure that The Company in early August finishes around 25th, maybe making Semifinals. The Company of late September time-traveling back perhaps could finish at 20th or better.

Interesting that this particular overseas visitor has already received ten pages of discussion nearly a year out, while numerous other foreign corps who have appeared in DCI have gone almost unmentioned here. Maybe because those groups are typically referenced only in the much quieter Open Class forum?

Two discussions going on:

Whether the DCE all-age corps will, as quoted in that DCI announcement, "...compete against the Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard..."

Whether it's a good thing for an all-age corps to "...compete against the Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard...".

(Interestingly, the answer to the first question doesn't answer the second, even when posted all in red lol.)