2016 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

It looks we could 8 corps tonight with corps above 90 ,Sunrisers and White Sabers very close yesterday ,Sunrisers 89.50 and White Sabers 89.55..Love to see Sun take White Sabers tonight . Sunrisers has to be the most improved corps in DCA this year .

Edited by Florida Sun

All the disgruntled folks in this thread missed one hell of a drum corps show last night. Scores and placements aside, it was easily on of the most entertaining lineups from top to bottom since I've been actively watching and participating in DCA, and the quality of the corps in the Top Ten is heads and shoulders above any I've seen live or on video (going back a long, long time).

Not sure about disgruntled...just disappointed cant watch from home. I know travel to Rochester this year was impossible for me, but that does not make me less interested or disgruntled...just disappointed i cant watch these incredible performers.

All the disgruntled folks in this thread missed one hell of a drum corps show last night. Scores and placements aside, it was easily on of the most entertaining lineups from top to bottom since I've been actively watching and participating in DCA, and the quality of the corps in the Top Ten is heads and shoulders above any I've seen live or on video (going back a long, long time).

Would have paid to watch a feed

DCA IS KILLING IT SELF OFF

I tend to agree with you on that.

Regardless of some of the postings about how great the content is it seems people just are not buying it .

I would like to hear your take on why you said that .

Would have paid to watch a feed

As you have stated dozens of times it's just not profitable

There's no doubt, discussion is limited this DCA Championship Weekend. I mean, without even a broadcast, many posters can't respond with their own thoughts about last night. Cadets2 becoming the first corps to outscore Buccaneers this season is big news, but there were a few other surprises up and down the event. I was hopeful to read some "morning after," eyewitness reports. No Prelims Recaps to pour over, either.

Imagine what the weekend would be like without Kevin Gamin and the Drum Corps Planet team! I was home watching college football all day with a laptop to keep up as best I could. Probably some chatter on Facebook, but I'm not interested in registering and participating there.

Agree with Jeff Ream and others, had there been a pay-per-view option, I would have purchased it again.

I had my peeps reporting in that we're there .

They said Cadets 2 has the best overall package and it appears that is so .

Major cudos to C2 . What they accomplished in their short stint in DCA has to be historic . Look how many years it took MBI to win it . And they were knocking on the door several years before that win . Some thought they should have won at least one more .

I wonder if GH can keep his staff at C2 together ?? Anyone know ?

Ed -

Cadets2 winning a championship early in their existence was a given. They had a good foundation already in place the first time the idea of a Cadets2 was suggested, before having a single member. I congratulate Cadets2 for winning their first of what will likely be several championships. Nice addition to the circuit.

Ed -

Cadets2 winning a championship early in their existence was a given. They had a good foundation already in place the first time the idea of a Cadets2 was suggested, before having a single member. I congratulate Cadets2 for winning their first of what will likely be several championships. Nice addition to the circuit.

I totally agree . I'm pretty sure I stated somewhere on the C2 original thread that they would win it in their first 5 years . I may have thought at the time they would hit it sooner . I've slept since then

As you have stated dozens of times it's just not profitable

Actually from info learned, coulda been

I tend to agree with you on that.

Regardless of some of the postings about how great the content is it seems people just are not buying it .

I would like to hear your take on why you said that .

Well one move finals closer to the EXISTING corps fan base. You have what 10 corps within 3 hours. I know people I marched with that will go again because it's a day trip. Bucs send a decent contingent now... Imagine 90 minutes from home? C2 as well. I know parents of kids in both corps that couldn't make the hike because of other family obligations. I mentioned to dad it was going to Williamsport and immediately he said "I'm in prelims!"

Now marketing. Meet the members is nice. Where the outreach to the HS level like DCI does? DCA continues to not build a future base while trying to appease the old diehards. Here's a perfect example of DCA marketing this summer: the Landisville show was surrounded by rain and some #### serious storms. Look at the radar map you have no idea it's going to happen or not. Look at DCA social media, nothing. People in town already found out by seeing posts from staff. Oh the PR person was in the press box all night.

Free. This seems to be DCAs deciding factor on things. Well you get what you pay for. Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. I hope Williamsport works out. Right now, mid renovation plan it's not good. Go to the bathroom you miss two corps. I'm hoping the school is able to finish its plans before we get there. But DCA has a history of selecting undone venues then um about that....

The product on the field is great! But I'm already converted. Talk to DCI about marketing, it's been paying off. Talk to them about live feed, old content, lots of things. Wgi too