2016 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Jeff, for some of the more technologically challenged on the forum, how do we access this "periscope" you speak of? I was there in person, but I could easily watch the last 4 corps every day. Congrats to C2, personally I think Bucs should have won, but my opinion and $2.41 will get you a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. Kudos to every single corps that performed for us over the weekend!

thanks to the facebook-live'ers and periscope people....my withdrawal pangs slowly subsided. Already social media is awash with all kinds of great celebratory stuff, and the usual rantings and conspiracy theories.

that said....of what I have seen all summer, the DCA product on the field continues to grow, and the quality top to bottom gets better. DCA has a new first time champ, and i could have been ok with either of the top 2 winning, both incredible shows.Luckily periscope will keep the videos up for a while since there won't be dvd's, as I'll want to watch many of these shows again and again

a reminder the periscope video vanish after 24 hours (anyone wanting to download them for home viewing add the "scopedown" feature to your chrome web browser and it will save the video to your computer so you can watch it anytime)

Jeff, for some of the more technologically challenged on the forum, how do we access this "periscope" you speak of? I was there in person, but I could easily watch the last 4 corps every day. Congrats to C2, personally I think Bucs should have won, but my opinion and $2.41 will get you a cup of coffee at Dunkin' Donuts. Kudos to every single corps that performed for us over the weekend!

I put the links in this thread through the contest last night. They "vanish" after 24 hours.

• Like 1

Let's be clear here k?

I've seen and heard plenty of Cadets talk trash and your rant above borders on it. You claim to be unbiased well.... Not so much.

Now there are a couple of numbers on the recap and spreads that are head scratchers, but added up they don't change things.

I saw the crying elsewhere about kida judges keeping their job and USBands judges all over the panels. BFD. I believe if the Harrisburg DCA mafia weren't all at a wedding saturday, you'd get the same results.

C2 was on Readings tail last week in GE. And drums. Bucs also had the emotional show of a lifetime last week. Then Sunday while C2 was rehearsing, Bucs were distracted by other things..... Oh yeah congrats director of the year!!

Anyone watching last year should have anticipated C2 to jump huge!! They did it last year. They fixed one of my biggest issues with the show, and it kept them from a sweep of captions but it also got them the ring. Kudos to Rich and team. I've seen Rich lead the charge from behind in maroon many times now, this time it wasn't Mechanicsburg

What were they distracted by ?

Have to be a member of Periscope to get the stuff apparently. Tried to watch Eries Prelims and kept seeing links to other people stuff...

And don't plan to get a smart phone until I retire and could use it.

C'mon Williamsport....

Let's be clear here k?

I've seen and heard plenty of Cadets talk trash and your rant above borders on it. You claim to be unbiased well.... Not so much.

I sent you a PM. But let's also be clear here. I support my team as an alumnus, but I give credit where credit is due, and I give that credit pretty spot on every time. With 2 music degrees, (which sometimes doesn't even matter anyways) I trust my eyes and ears. Either that or I'm going blind and deaf. And there have been days I could say that's what I felt like.

I sent you a PM. But let's also be clear here. I support my team as an alumnus, but I give credit where credit is due, and I give that credit pretty spot on every time. With 2 music degrees, (which sometimes doesn't even matter anyways) I trust my eyes and ears. Either that or I'm going blind and deaf. And there have been days I could say that's what I felt like.

I'm fine with C2 winning. Read my review last week. I laid some hints and some "if's" in terms of fixes. No degree but I judge tons of effect, and I know Rich's method of madness. Just like cabs in 03, just like Mechanicsburg a zillion times

• Like 1