Congratulations to DCI's newest World Class corps!

Furthermore what might have existed of the G7 "alliance" rapidly disintegrated into tatters. They couldn't agree to actually ACT on a single item of the MiM agenda.

That clearly is not true. They presented several of their ultimatums to the DCI board. They operated the TOC shows under their enhanced format for a couple of years. They established MiM as a 501c3, and that organization ran some band shows in the fall.

not a single one could agree on any course of action on the long list of agenda items in the aftermath.

let me clarify: the ability of that group to cooperate toward common goals is kaput. there were long lists of items which they were execute for the benefit of the entire group. they all failed. dead. buried. finito.

You can repeat it over and over to the point of obsession, but that will not make it true.

All of this "G7" chatter is interesting from an outsiders point of view. I feel like this would be a really good story to hear over a beer sometime. Or perhaps this whole mess would make a good reality TV show and replace Clash of the Corps series (yawn). I'd pay for this story...

Now THAT'S funny! The G7 ends up actually making money for DCI from a reality series about how its coup failed. Priceless!

All of this "G7" chatter is interesting from an outsiders point of view. I feel like this would be a really good story to hear over a beer sometime. Or perhaps this whole mess would make a good reality TV show and replace Clash of the Corps series (yawn). I'd pay for this story...

If you search the archives here you'll find the whole sordid affair beaten like the proverbial horse, both alive and dead, including the pdf document itself.

It was great drama! But, at the time, it felt like the end was nigh on the whole structure of the activity.

Re-read my first paragraph. You'll find I didn't imply it would never happen again.

You're correct...like you said, a system is in place to minimize the chances of failure, but nothing in life is absolutely guaranteed. Even the Blue Devils and Reading Buccaneers lose once in a while. LOL

I might humorously cue this [photo DCI posted of Genesis] with Bonnie Ott's solo during "Chase the Clouds Away...," but someone might not see the humor and so I won't. (Ya can think it though... and no. Bonnie's excellent playing was no laughing matter but sheer beauty always.)

15099527_981039685373345_599441829519163

Edited by xandandl

I might humorously cue this [photo DCI posted of Genesis] with Bonnie Ott's solo during "Chase the Clouds Away...," but someone might not see the humor and so I won't. (Ya can think it though... and no. Bonnie's excellent playing was no laughing matter but sheer beauty always.)

15099527_981039685373345_599441829519163

Wish I would have heard those shows live! Sadly I didn't see my first live show until 1992...