2017 Uniform Thread

3 hours ago, Lead said:

Anyone have a pic of the Phantom or Blue Knights uniforms everyone is talking about?

Seen the Phantom one. I sure hope it turns out to be true - it's pretty radically modern while not being a dance suit.

Mike

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Seen the Phantom one. I sure hope it turns out to be true - it's pretty radically modern while not being a dance suit.

Mike

I second this. It's definitely the happy medium between a uniform and the Bluecoats from last year.

2 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

I for one haven't seen these ones, but I have heard a description of it and it's sure to #### off a lot of traditionalists. 

And you say that like it’s a positive?

As traditionalists and from what I’ve seen, I’m good with it so sorry to disappoint, guess it’s not cool any more

Of course, it depends how they work on the field, as a traditionalist, I been around long enough to know what looks good on paper doesn’t always translate to the field

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Mike

Does it look like a uniform Phantom would wear with helmets and such? How're some people seeing these uniforms before everybody else? 

Edited by DawsonBurnes

25 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Does it look like a uniform Phantom would wear with helmets and such? How're some people seeing these uniforms before everybody else? 

yes, they still have the white helmet or the black helmet depending which Phantom you are. PM via DCP  this poster to see...

Gabe211

I have the source music Spotify playlist of at least 3 of the main movements. PM and I'll send anyone the link. 

Sometimes the janitor/custodian doesn't throw out everything in the trash barrel, sometimes all those "parents" at show-n-tell just happen to tell someone who I know can keep a secret and won't ever tell anyone else, and sometimes those designers get running at the mouth with their social sites and after dinner beverages.

We're all equal, just some more than others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Yes.

Just saw them. They look pretty cool. Not a huge fan of the boots, though. But definitely a militant look with a good modern/traditional mix. I'm a bit sad there isn't a sash, but whatever. I can definitely feel a war show coming on

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Just saw them. They look pretty cool. Not a huge fan of the boots, though. But definitely a militant look with a good modern/traditional mix. I'm a bit sad there isn't a sash, but whatever. I can definitely feel a war show coming on

I can''t tell from the sketch whether they are actually boots or extended spats worn over the pants. The centered chevron reminds me of what was done for Turandot and for Juliet.  The red sleeve is definitely different for them. The shoulders are somewhat similar to what the same designer did for the Cavaliers for many years; here they look like the uniform wearer is a defensive lineman wearing football shoulder pads.  But all of this is a speculative drawing. We'll wait for the photos or live presentation.(Memorial Day parades, Concert in the Park, etc.)

I just realized something: the uniform sketch looks incredibly similar to the style of uniform sketching the Stanbury uniform company uses and not the style FJM uses. Is there a possible switch in uniform providers or am I just seeing things (you can look up pictures of both FJM and Stanbury uniform sketches to see what I'm talking about)?

40 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I just realized something: the uniform sketch looks incredibly similar to the style of uniform sketching the Stanbury uniform company uses and not the style FJM uses. Is there a possible switch in uniform providers or am I just seeing things (you can look up pictures of both FJM and Stanbury uniform sketches to see what I'm talking about)?

Pat Seidling, former director of Regiment, is a Stanbury official and has posted on the DCP uniform thread recently. BUT when corps change uni mfgrs. such changes are usually announced with some fanfare (cf. Academy) and the former mfgr.'s logo disappears pronto. As recent as five minutes ago, FJM is still listed on the Regiment official web page as being their uniform sponsor. Also, Cesario, former artistic director at Regiment in the mid/late 80's is now the reigning artistic director supreme for DCI. I think he is also in Regiment's HOF.

Edited by xandandl