Phantom Regiment 2017

I came around to 2016 and by championships it felt like classic Regiment. 2015 on the other hand should be removed from the history books. Empty theme, insipid narration, trite ballad, flat 2005 rehash. The only saving grace was the closer. But yeah, 2016 after 2015 was a huge step up design-wise.

Edited by Hrothgar15

I came around to 2016 and by championships it felt like classic Regiment. 2015 on the other hand should be removed from the history books. Empty theme, insipid narration, trite ballad, flat 2005 rehash. The only saving grace was the closer. But yeah, 2016 after 2015 was a huge step up design-wise.

Hmmmm ignoring history. Hmmmm....

Phantom had dedicated members in 2015 but thanks for shoving that show aside.

• Like 1

For the record, '03 is a huge part of what made me a diehard Regiment fan through high school. Frankly, that show kept me from giving up on music entirely while I was struggling through braces. Thank you for your amazing performance. SUTA

Glad you enjoyed it, it was hella fun to march. And thank *you* for your amazing performance in 08-- I was there all finals week, sneaked into closed rehearsal finals day to drop off some Buick/Bass love (got yelled at by Pirate, sorry!) and witnessed a crazy-inspired performance. Edit: SUTA

Edited by ieuph7
  • Like 2

2015 is a prime example of a show design I didn't particularly care for, I might even agree that it was a fairly flat 2005 rehash (and 2005 isn't my cup of tea), but it also is a great example of the members executing what they had very well by finals. "Removing" it seems really harsh. Any other shows you want to erase? 1998? 2009? I'm a bit perplexed, I usually agree with you, hrothgar.

• Like 1

I get the feeling you were responding to PhD? If you were wondering, though, I was fortunate enough to march with the corps in '08.

I was at finals in 08 with my children that marched. What a night. It was unbelievable. I am sure you will remember it for a lifetime. My daughter aged out in 89 when we took second. Always the bridesman...

• Like 3

Anyone know of any videos of the hornline playing through YPG standing still out there?

Good sources are often Connor Rydland or Peter Bates. Such as...Atlanta lot, I'm Dreaming of Home.

or while you are searching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VThJqSo71ic

Edited by xandandl

Anyone know of any videos of the hornline playing through YPG standing still out there?

General, sir...

Here's a vid just posted privately by Connor which includes the YPG but w/o the opening solis. (Remember lines did not practice outdoors on day of Finals due to rain.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ertvZB5dJJo

2 things I note: -upper brass seem very bright; I hope next season Buicks have more dominance.

-conductor uses both his arms and his hips for emphatic conducting. He will be missed.

Edited by xandandl