Phantom Regiment 2017

If I knew how to do it, I would transfer my comments on page 189 of the Staff-merri-go-round thread re the additions of Mr. Cartwright and Mr. Moreno to this thread.

Anyone know how to do it? Perhaps DCP's admin will step in and offer me guidance. Thanks.

And to all the charmers on DCP who can't resist telling me to just retype it here, take into consideration my interest in becoming a "tech-savvy guy".

Edited by 1956OPR

If I knew how to do it, I would transfer my comments on page 189 of the Staff-merri-go-round thread re the additions of Mr. Cartwright and Mr. Moreno to this thread.

Anyone know how to do it? Perhaps DCP's admin will step in and offer me guidance. Thanks.

And to all the charmers on DCP who can't resist telling me to just retype it here, take into consideration my interest in becoming a "tech-savvy guy".

Congratulations to Mr. Cartwright and Mr. Moreno for joining the Regiment's Design Team, which will also include Will Pitts and Rob Ferguson ( and perhaps others to be named later).

And, although I have not heard anything for sure, don't forget that Marie Grana Czapinski served as a visual consultant for PR in 2016; I hope she returns as well.

And a huge THANKS to Bret Kuhn for all of his contributions to the Regiment phamily since he joined us in 2012. Enjoy your summers with the grands and take them to a drum corps show.

It is interesting to note that Wes, Mark and Will already work together as the Creative Team at "beyond marching and music design" in Atlanta.

There, I did it for you. Copy/Paste works fine.

I am all over this Wes Cartwright hire. But it's high risk, high reward.

In 2014, BA performed a show called "FACEme," where they played Dance Macabre, some Spartacus, and the finale from the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony, among others. Certainly sounds like a rep in Regiment's wheelhouse.

But then these were on the field:

maxresdefault.jpg

Regiment alums who were unhappy with how nontraditional the 2010 show was will LOVE this... :/

I am all over this Wes Cartwright hire. But it's high risk, high reward.

In 2014, BA performed a show called "FACEme," where they played Dance Macabre, some Spartacus, and the finale from the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony, among others. Certainly sounds like a rep in Regiment's wheelhouse.

But then these were on the field:

maxresdefault.jpg

Regiment alums who were unhappy with how nontraditional the 2010 show was will LOVE this... :/

To be fair, nothing Wes Cartwright could even dream of doing would equate to the giant puppet thing Regiment put on the field in 2013.

• Like 3

To be fair, nothing Wes Cartwright could even dream of doing would equate to the giant puppet thing Regiment put on the field in 2013.

This is the best point ever made on any topic ever.

Though, I would make a distinction: the 2013 puppet was cheesy/embarrassing AF, while my point on Cartwright was that it can get weird.

This is the best point ever made on any topic ever.

Though, I would make a distinction: the 2013 puppet was cheesy/embarrassing AF, while my point on Cartwright was that it can get weird.

Maybe Regiment is finally ready for some weird. I'm actually surprised that after 27 years Cartwright is going to work with a corps again.

• Like 2

Just thought of something.

One piece that hasn't been played in a LONG time that I want to see Phantom pick up again is Franz Liszt's symphonic poem "Les Préludes." If you haven't heard it, take the time to listen. It's well worth the 15+ minutes. There's lots of content in it that would fit Phantom to a T.

Funny you should say that as I put it on a wish list earlier this summer. Problem is Illinois folks think of it as a Cavaliers' piece who played it decades ago. Illinois memories are long.

There, I did it for you. Copy/Paste works fine.

PN, thank you. I have scheduled a session this weekend with my wife to learn how to Copy/Paste. Michael