Have DCI Events Ever Sold Beer/Wine?

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

so if I enjoy a beer or two at a show, I'm an alkie and dope fiend 

mmmmmk

I don't recall anything of the sort from finals 2012 nor do I recall chatter afterwards, not saying it didn't but I need a bit more to go on

5MrK8W8.png

1 hour ago, cowtown said:

so if I enjoy a beer or two at a show, I'm an alkie and dope fiend 

mmmmmk

I don't recall anything of the sort from finals 2012 nor do I recall chatter afterwards, not saying it didn't but I need a bit more to go on

First, If you don't have a problem with drugs or alcohol, I don't think enjoying a beer or two at any event makes you or anyone else an alcoholic or addict. 

I did did not say I witnessed the drunk or rowdy behavior, and I specifically used the word rumored when I perhaps should have said purportedly. This came from DCP threads where BD fans blamed CC fans on obnoxious behavior and the Crown fans distanced themselves on this site. In my comfortable seat in 2012 in what I think was the Boston Crusaders block, located in the vicinity of the Cavies block, Bluecoats block, and DCW block, everything was peaceful, but there was plenty of disapproval when Crown was announced as second and it came from the upper seats. That I do remember and when Crown went over to congratulate Blue Devils on their victory, I thought it demonstrated class, but people were vocal about their disapproval, however I did not do breathalyzer tests on any so I can't say they were drunk for certain. 

That  being said, I would be shocked if an event as large as DCI finals did not have at least one person who smuggled in a bottle of booze and did not get caught at the entrance but made it to the stands and I would be surprised if there was not at least one fan asked to leave for unruly behavior. Also, there are plenty of things that happen at events such as DCI most people do not know, nor do they need to know. I purchased a bottle of Coke st semi's last year. The woman who sold it to me removed the cap. I wanted the cap so I wouldn't spill it. The reason I could not have it was because at an event at Lucas Oil someone hit another person on the head with a capped bottle and caused an injury. An open bottle would cause the soda to spill and be less likely to cause an injury. I have no idea at what event this happened, but even with great crowds and my guess is the drum corps crowd is probably an easy going and easy to manage group, as is BOA, things happen. 

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have try that burger stand...

Bill Gray's!!!  Great cheeseburgers.

And now, Dino BBQ is there.  The hits keep on coming.  LOL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tim K said:

First, If you don't have a problem with drugs or alcohol, I don't think enjoying a beer or two at any event makes you or anyone else an alcoholic or addict. 

I did did not say I witnessed the drunk or rowdy behavior, and I specifically used the word rumored when I perhaps should have said purportedly. This came from DCP threads where BD fans blamed CC fans on obnoxious behavior and the Crown fans distanced themselves on this site. In my comfortable seat in 2012 in what I think was the Boston Crusaders block, located in the vicinity of the Cavies block, Bluecoats block, and DCW block, everything was peaceful, but there was plenty of disapproval when Crown was announced as second and it came from the upper seats. That I do remember and when Crown went over to congratulate Blue Devils on their victory, I thought it demonstrated class, but people were vocal about their disapproval, however I did not do breathalyzer tests on any so I can't say they were drunk for certain. 

That  being said, I would be shocked if an event as large as DCI finals did not have at least one person who smuggled in a bottle of booze and did not get caught at the entrance but made it to the stands and I would be surprised if there was not at least one fan asked to leave for unruly behavior. Also, there are plenty of things that happen at events such as DCI most people do not know, nor do they need to know. I purchased a bottle of Coke st semi's last year. The woman who sold it to me removed the cap. I wanted the cap so I wouldn't spill it. The reason I could not have it was because at an event at Lucas Oil someone hit another person on the head with a capped bottle and caused an injury. An open bottle would cause the soda to spill and be less likely to cause an injury. I have no idea at what event this happened, but even with great crowds and my guess is the drum corps crowd is probably an easy going and easy to manage group, as is BOA, things happen. 

I understand from some of my family members who think football fields are for football that none of the NFL stadiums sell water bottles with the caps on due to some incident with the Philadelphia Eagles where the cap was used as the center of snowballs thrown from the stands. Other versions just say the capped bottles were thrown from the stands.

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

I thought DCA had its own forum for you senior corps fans.

It's all-age.  Be nice now.  :innocent:

Go to the DCA forums, post something about the Blue Devils or the food at Lucas Oil or whatever, and we'll consider it even. :tongue:

Just now, Fran Haring said:

It's all-age.  Be nice now.  :innocent:

Go to the DCA forums, post something about the Blue Devils or the food at Lucas Oil or whatever, and we'll consider it even. :tongue:

I don't have the budget for either.