Cadets Announce 2017 Program

Good for them. I hope it's a great show!

(That said, and it won't be relevant to the show, but the writing in that announcement is pretty bad, e.g., "Exactly 34 years ago in 1983, The Cadets performed the music of Bernstein's MASS bringing The Cadets their first DCI Championship." Exactly 34 years ago? They won in April? Although I guess there is that saying about championships being won in the off-season.)

27 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

(That said, and it won't be relevant to the show, but the writing in that announcement is pretty bad, e.g., "Exactly 34 years ago in 1983, The Cadets performed the music of Bernstein's MASS bringing The Cadets their first DCI Championship." Exactly 34 years ago? They won in April? Although I guess there is that saying about championships being won in the off-season.)

he's just messing with the cult value of the number "34".  these cadets and their satanic numerology!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, corpsband said:

he's just messing with the cult value of the number "34".  these cadets and their satanic numerology!

Just think.... 666 years from now...  :tongue:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, corpsband said:

obviously this will be another show title "This I Believe" :colgate: 

Maybe it will win then like it should have in 2007 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If it were written for broadcast, this press release could be shortened to two sentences:

"Our 2017 show is (whatever). Now please give us some money." :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, DCP NewsFeed said:

The Cadets are excited to announce that they will be playing the music of Leonard Bernstein’s MASS as the cornerstone for the 2017 season, with incidental music from Dr. Drew Shanefield, Tom Aungst and Omar Carmenates. “This year, The Cadets will perform the music of Leonard Bernstein’s MASS, bringing back the beauty, intensity, and the […]

View the full article

Didn't they mean in 1983 for the first time "EVAH!"?

14 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

If it were written for broadcast, this press release could be shortened to two sentences:

"Our 2017 show is (whatever). Now please give us some money." :tongue:

Yeah, but today with the Corps, its more like.. " Now please give us some money, and you'll know our 2017 show is ( whatever) "

• Like 1