Spirit Of Atlanta’s New Look For 2017

Reveal-05.jpg

Reveal-06.jpg

Reveal-07.jpg

Reveal-03-1.jpg

Reveal-04-1.jpg

Reveal-08-1.jpg

• Like 4

I like this because it looks like a consistent thought - it all makes sense. The colors are positioned in the bodysuit in a manner which will minimize size/width differences between performers, and all the verticals add height.

The bowler hat is a bit odd, but it works well as a set with the collar and cuffs. And it is also is a nod to their color guard in the 80's.

So nothing seems out of place or in conflict with another part of the outfit. It's a great design and should be very striking on the field.

Contrast that with Boston, with their very square, bulky gray tops, delicate lacing trim and gausy-floaty drapes, skin tight leotard pants, casual pushed-up sleeves and then a super tall, fluffy plume on top of a military shako (with buckle!) Those are all over the place and the various pieces are fighting with each other.

Edited by NakedEye
  • Like 8

29 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I like this because it looks like a consistent thought - it all makes sense. The colors are positioned in the bodysuit in a manner which will minimize size/width differences between performers, and all the verticals add height.

The bowler hat is a bit odd, but it works well as a set with the collar and cuffs. And it is also is a nod to their color guard in the 80's.

So nothing seems out of place or in conflict with another part of the outfit. It's a great design and should be very striking on the field.

Contrast that with Boston, with their very square, bulky gray tops, delicate lacing trim and gausy-floaty drapes, skin tight leotard pants, casual pushed-up sleeves and then a super tall, fluffy plume on top of a military shako (with buckle!) Those are all over the place and the various pieces are fighting with each other.

This.

I must admit, I can't stop looking at Boston's uniform.  I find it intriguing and I'm not sure why.  I can't wait to see both Spirit and Boston this summer.

Uniform -- oh. OK.

Hat -- uh, no.

• Like 1