Allentown: An American Tradition - June 30, 2017

18 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Aunt Nell's Revenge the year the corps ditches the traditional unis?  Too coincidental:whistle:

Aunt Nell made the smocks, that look very much like the robes they are using now.  :inlove:

She used to  pin me together with what seemed like 2 pounds of pins every time I put on the uniform...mine, by the way, was from around 1961 when I wore it from 70-72.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 9:25 AM, Tommeee said:

Sorry if I'm coming across as overly bitter.  I just want to set the record straight here.  I've been actively supporting this activity for nearly 30 years.  I love it, and I'm not about to stop supporting it (financially or otherwise) just because of a rained-out show!  :)

No explanation required. I understand where you're coming from, and my wife and guests complained as well. And there were about a dozen folks near me (we were parked almost right across from Gate A) that were going up and down the street complaining to anyone who would listen. One even said "they should let them perform even if DCI doesn't judge the show". At the end of the day, folks were safe to march another day, and so fans were safe to support them. Hope to see you sometime at another PA/NJ event.

PS prayers to Phantom Regiment...unfathomable tragedy that will be hard to hurdle.