Drum Corps Genie has a spot for you

3 hours ago, year1buick said:

I still have the occasional dream, maybe one or twice a year, that I'm marching again. That'll have to do. :)  (Actually, it's usually pretty stressful-- I either don't know my music or drill, am missing my horn or am afraid the corps will get in trouble for marching someone over age. Then I wake up and have a laugh.)

I had a similar dream for many years. It's been a while, though.

Edited by mfrontz

17 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Trumpet with Scouts. (I'll reserve Cavaliers, Vanguard, and Phantom as favorite corps.) And I want a shot at playing solo on MacArthur Park, which the staff will plug into the show after San Antonio. (It will be a mean MacArthur Park.)

Not sure that headdress is going to look quite right.

The headdress doesn't look right on any of the members so you'll fit right in.

Bluecoats are my favorite...have family ties and they are the most local corps.

Crown brass is what dreams are made of but I would be a little frustrated with this year's show.

I will stick with trumpet and play for the Blue Knights. I almost always enjoy their show and their brass has gotten a lot better over the past 5 years.

Bluecoats are my favorite!! I never marched, even after being nudged by my high school band director who was connected to them......I now regret not doing it :(

I would play Baritone for SCV. No real reason why them, but they always seem to come to my mind. 

Good topic... I can't pick one performance, and the list of possibilities would be long.  Watching any heartfelt musical performance, particularly drum corps, is moving.  I would gladly play a part in any show where the audience can feel the passion of the performers.  It's a thrill to watch drum corps' hardworking athletes/musicians at any opportunity.  All the best to this year's competitors!