Beanpot Invitational Lynn, MA July 4th

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Would you have time to speak with Tim K.?

Not sure who Tim K is, but I have no problems speaking with anyone about anything. I can elaborate a little more on my comment though, if that would help. I understand what Cadets are trying to do, and they have some very nice moments musically and visually, but as a whole show, it just doesn't seem as enjoyable to me as many of their past productions, like last year and the Bartok show, which was amazing. I think the performance level is great, and the kids are doing a great job with what they were given, just for me personally, the whole show doesn't grab me, and it is the arrangements.

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Our 4th of July dinner this afternoon is

[...]

Dessert Spotted dick

Seems to be a theme going on tonight.

270-375-ru909803.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldsnare said:

DCI should have mandatory date for a completed show, and it shouldn't be July 15th - 18th. 

Wouldn't that have prevented VK from bringing out the shark at Finals in 1992?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

It's not about how good she is. It's the whole idea of making a singer the central part of a Carolina Crown show. I feel like they got bored just blowing your face off with a wall of sound and went Blue Knights on us. Why?

I suppose we should be grateful they didn't just leave DCI to tour with the Canadian Brass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Tough Crowd. From the comments tonight, Crossmen take the gold and Colts the silver in August! 

Big if true.

1 hour ago, Polonius said:

Agree! Really disappointing drop for Crown design-wise -- after several really enjoyable shows.

Across the top 6 this year the shows are not as entertaining/enjoyable as last year's.

At the moment, I largely feel this way too. Seems like a regrouping year for many corps.

• Like 2