Some potentially relevant rumblings in Nashville

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Are we agreeing on something? Say it ain't so Joe, say it ain't so!!!

Strange things happen. But I think you was right on the money with respect to the TOS shows slip. 

I was disappointed you did not like my replies in the flo glow thread. :-) 

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

So, if built, it would not be like the newer MLS stadiums which only hold around 30 K?

Vanderbilt stadium only holds 40k, and they rarely fill it, averaging only around 30k per game. A 30k soccer-purposed stadium would easily fit the bill for Vandy as a tenant, particularly since it's going to be off campus at the Fairgrounds if it ever does get built.

Edited by Kamarag

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

So, if built, it would not be like the newer MLS stadiums which only hold around 30 K?

More like 25k in many instances, which is too small for the SEC.  If Vandy wants a new stadium I can see the SEC demanding that it hold at least 40k.

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

Strange things happen. But I think you was right on the money with respect to the TOS shows slip. 

I was disappointed you did not like my replies in the flo glow thread. :-) 

If you are referring to the push the 'like tab' game, I rarely play that game. It normally has to be a very profound post, like when Jeff Ream, I think, broke the G7 news here on DCP.  Otherwise I find it a humorous popularity contest for those who are into pat each other on the back type of narcissism.

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

If you are referring to the push the 'like tab' game, I rarely play that game. It normally has to be a very profound post, like when Jeff Ream, I think, broke the G7 news here on DCP.  Otherwise I find it a humorous popularity contest for those who are into pat each other on the back type of narcissism.

Very true. I was not talking about the like button or tab. I was talking about my jabs about recording shows and publishing them in Asia! LOL. I was waiting for you to slam me with the rule book on that. 

44 minutes ago, kckempf said:

More like 25k in many instances, which is too small for the SEC.  If Vandy wants a new stadium I can see the SEC demanding that it hold at least 40k.

The SEC has so much power and they will not accept the stadium being to small. It is like the Dixie mafia 

Just now, E3D said:

The SEC has so much power and they will not accept the stadium being to small. It is like the Dixie mafia 

I'm not sure Vanderbilt would like it, either.  Visitor allotment is 8500 seats, so they'd give up nearly a third of their seats before they were even sold.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

MLS requires team to own its own soccer specific stadium (financial reasons), thats why it failed in April in ST Louis...despite our best efforts to get it to pass. That being said, PPL Prk in Chester and Red Bull Arena in NJ are hosting or have hosted TOC events in the past. Also, new SSS will cost about 150-200MM, will Nashvill finance another publicly funded stadia?

Red Bull Arena will not be hosting the NJ show next month due to a contractual issue. Clifton HS (which hosted a show earlier this month) will step in instead.

• Like 1