Whats your on favorite show?

27 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

For many years, I looked to each drum corps as an ARMY GOING INTO BATTLE. These days, not sure how to describe what I see.

I know how to describe it: Instead of corps going into Battle like Armies wearing Uniforms they are now going into South Beach Dance Disco Clubs wearing Spandex.:whip:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

I know how to describe it: Instead of corps going into Battle like Armies wearing Uniforms they are now going into South Beach Dance Disco Clubs wearing Spandex.:whip:

Yes, I get some of that vibe!

19 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

OK    I'll see your 2013 Carolina Crown and raise you a 2016 Bluecoats Down Side Up

My reasons:

1st Bloo Gold, 1st Bloo Gold, 1st Bloo Gold, ... need I go on?

(plus it had the coolest prop and GREATEST ballad of all time)

Greatest ballad of all time? :sigh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pudding said:

For someone who claims to appreciate the relative perspective of posters, you sure do like to marginalize the younger crowd in favor of what you clearly think is the superior older crowd. Ageism at its finest. 

Oh please, cupcake, stop.  You're embarrassing yourself.

I simply asked to know the perspective of the poster, and you can play along or not.  I really don't care.

But please don't make up imaginary victimhood.

It's just band!

4 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

The "old vs.young" interpretations, tensions, and misunderstandings are nothing new. That's not about to change. I'm 66 years old. I expect and respect EXCELLENCE. In whatever form. After all these years, I still find excellence in Drum Corps International. Happy Dino here!

You are one of my favorite DCPers. Just wanted to let you know that 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Got my vote....and Roger Waters

Then again, I think anyone who doesn't choose Fire of Eternal Glory as the best ballad of all time is crazy, but that's just me :inlove:

• Like 1

As context, I started following DCI in 2012. With that context in mind, my favorite show of all time is BD 1998 (also known as one of the most underrated shows of all time)

Why? 

Well first of all the music. The blending of Romeo and Juliet with West Side Story was SEAMLESS. One of the best arranging jobs of all time, right up there with Cadets 2013

Next is that hornline. So much talent, such a jazzy and unique sound. 

The opening chorale was gorgeous, I can't even imagine how it must've sounded 

im a big ballad guy and this whole show sounded, for the most part, like one big ballad. I really liked that 

the women's guard uniforms were beautiful and perfect for the program

I love modern drum corps but da*n the drill in this show was fun to watch, especially seeing the guard integration

continuing on that subject, the guard work in this show really added to the show. A lot of beautiful unison work that really added oomph to the big moments 

The closer is AMAZING. I just love the way it just flowed and switched from one piece to another in a logical fashion that made it sound natural and organic! One of my favorite closers of all time. 

Hmm not sure if I have anything else specific to add. This was just such a well thought out show and I think it was criminally underscored. I could listen to this show forever and ever 

• Like 2