2017 Coming Down the Home Stretch...let the speculation fly

1 hour ago, whitedj2002 said:

A somewhat sophomoric attempt to pay homage to Fosse with bent legs, lunges, tacky uniforms, bowler hats, walking sticks and the like, does not show innovation of design. In execution those body shaping  images, previously seen, and bit dated, fall short visually. Multiply this with a flawed prop that bisects the field and reduces the drill to a series of follow the leader, up, over, down, and thru the monolith. This equates to a less than medal worthy show. I can listen to this show over and over again.  I am less interested in seeing it again...

Less than I am interested in reading this same post for the 10th time this week? I doubt it....

1 minute ago, monoemono said:

Less than I am interested in reading this same post for the 10th time this week? I doubt it....

Ok yoda!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

Ok yoda!  

Your Bloo bias is noted

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

My favorite musical moment of the season is Everything Must Change. But it's the biggest cheese drill BD does. I adds zero to effect and isn't even that unique or different. Don't get me wrong, I bought my Nashville tickets where I did so I would be sitting dead in front of that ensemble, and it smoked me. But that drill...come on, it's not even drill. 

As I have stated numerous times that is your opinion.  You and I aren't objective.  I have countless friends that feel like that is the single best moment all year in DCI including the drill.  

For a change of pace look at the coats show.  Yes they move at times (a lot less than their fans think) but there are tons of times where they do a cheesy dance move and are not in unison.  They also don't have nearly the flair for doing dance moves that BD does.

Marching the most steps in a drill doesn't mean anything if it doesn't make you feel something.  I don't think a lot of people on here realize how hard BD is working but even above that which show brings out the most emotions?  I would argue for BD every single day of this season.  SCV is great but they really don't reach out and grab you the way they used to.

I love SCV but I would argue their alumni corp brought out more emotion and I can't wait to see them during semis.

As I have stated before the second best show this year for me is the Cavies because there are so many MOMENTS in that show.

I do enjoy the coats show the third most.

Edited by MikeBD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Some judges may feel that way. Others may feel that BD's moves are like watching someone do calculus. À chacun son goût.

I actually love calculus and watching it.  Then again all my degrees are math based.

Just now, MikeBD said:

I actually love calculus and watching it.

But how does it play from 50 yards away?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

...struck a nerve?

No nerve struck. I don't care one bit if you don't like their visual program. But every single year people come on here and post why they don't like one show - in great detail - over and over again in every possible thread. I'm sure I'm noticing yours more because I tend to come here seeking Bloo news. Others are probably just as sick of the same post coming up 100 times about BDs visual program, or whatever that one guy is complaining about for Crown this year (a singer, probably?). 

If your reading the posts you surely notice the Bloo contingent , including yourself, belittling the bodywork of BD. This continued until a forum was closed.  I suggest your bias will keep you from seeing the principle I responded to. I notice you've repeatedly posted  the same gripe about BD... kettle black?!  No need to respond, I too don't care...

• Like 1