BRING BACK BUGLES!!!

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

I am not saying Finals at the oil can is a dead experience, nor without any energy at all.  But what I am saying without any equivocation is that the overwhelming energy, excitement, atmosphere electric, twilight and evening sky with stadium lights screaming against the dark sky and the rising stars which is produced at, for example, a sold-out Highland Springs local show in Texas let alone the 2008 Finals at the U of I is not, has not, and never will be at that type of electric level in The Can. That is.... unless the DCI fans eventually fill the can in the same manner as football fans do at indoor Super Bowls or U2 fans do at indoor pro stadiums; then DCI Finals in The Can will likely 'feel' like the DCI Finals at venues like U of I stadium in 2008!

The only way to ever fill the Oil Can on Finals night is to have YOU and BRASSO wrestle naked at mid-field. With the audience given ripe tomatoes on the way in!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cube said:

Bugles are great "food" for thought, I hear.

Yes, Bugles are tasty and way better than the sour grapes too.

29 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

The only way to ever fill the Oil Can on Finals night is to have YOU and BRASSO wrestle naked at mid-field. With the audience given ripe tomatoes on the way in!

Your  imagination is in overdrive tonite Fred... relax the mind. The image thought of any of us here naked is enough to give DCP'ers a cerebellum crack of the worst magnitude. So as a public service Fred, perish these cringe worthy imaginary thoughts of yours, ok ?  ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

I am not saying Finals at the oil can is a dead experience, nor without any energy at all.  But what I am saying without any equivocation is that the overwhelming energy, excitement, atmosphere electric, twilight and evening sky with stadium lights screaming against the dark sky and the rising stars which is produced at, for example, a sold-out Highland Springs local show in Texas let alone the 2008 Finals at the U of I is not, has not, and never will be at that type of electric level in The Can. That is.... unless the DCI fans eventually fill the can in the same manner as football fans do at indoor Super Bowls or U2 fans do at indoor pro stadiums; then DCI Finals in The Can will likely 'feel' like the DCI Finals at venues like U of I stadium in 2008!

and again I'll say well no. the energy had to do with the situation in 2008....Phantom with one of the all time beloved shows charging from behind to win. Just as in 15 you had the scenario with BD and Crown, 11 with Cadets and BD, 13 Crown going for their first and it being tight, and then again last year, it created hot crowds. It can ###### loud in there.

While i prefer an outdoor venue personally, Lucas oil doesn't kill the vibe as you claim

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and again I'll say well no. the energy had to do with the situation in 2008....Phantom with one of the all time beloved shows charging from behind to win. Just as in 15 you had the scenario with BD and Crown, 11 with Cadets and BD, 13 Crown going for their first and it being tight, and then again last year, it created hot crowds. It can ###### loud in there.

While i prefer an outdoor venue personally, Lucas oil doesn't kill the vibe as you claim

Thank you for helping me to relive that moment when phantom was announced winner that night. I actually went to finals this year and it was AMAZING. Not to mention we were in front of the Bluecoats durring their Boxer horn hit (my hearing has never been the same :46_confounded:)

2 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Your  imagination is in overdrive tonite Fred... relax the mind. The image thought of any of us here naked is enough to give DCP'ers a cerebellum crack of the worst magnitude. So as a public service Fred, perish these cringe worthy imaginary thoughts of yours, ok ?  ( lol!)

Contrary to the post by Brasso if:

1) We were indeed guaranteed a complete 100% full 360* sell-out of Lucas;

2) DCI agreed to split all of the proceeds from the endzone seats all they way around the back side equally amongst just the corps in all divisions that can open their books and prove they are running at or under budget and ending the season in the financial black;

3) I would be willing to frighten the world into nauseating convulsions by taking you up on this offer. Because I desire to help corps being ran in a responsible manner any way I can fiesably do so, and I love the activity that much. (However, you can thank God now that you will never have to see me in such a situation). :cry:

• Like 2

This thread has" legs" now... I can tell

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Contrary to the post by Brasso if:

1) We were indeed guaranteed a complete 100% full 360* sell-out of Lucas;

2) DCI agreed to split all of the proceeds from the endzone seats all they way around the back side equally amongst just the corps in all divisions that can open their books and prove they are running at or under budget and ending the season in the financial black;

3) I would be willing to frighten the world into nauseating convulsions by taking you up on this offer. Because I desire to help corps being ran in a responsible manner any way I can fiesably do so, and I love the activity that much. (However, you can thank God now that you will never have to see me in such a situation). :cry:

Through it all, Stu, you are a good sport!  I'll have to meet you sometime.  Fully clothed, of course!

37 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Through it all, Stu, you are a good sport!  I'll have to meet you sometime.  Fully clothed, of course!

Well, God has to have a wicked since of humor... want proof...the Divine created us humans!!! So, who am I to fight against that!!! Anyway, we will eventually meet here there or somewhere over on the other side. Oh, and thanks for the compliment.

• Like 2